cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCO Error for OPC DA 2.05A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am using PCO 2.203.1109.245 patch 32692, seeking to connect to a local (same server) RSLinx OPC Server with 2.05A specification. 

When I create the source system I get the following error when try to browse or return to the server list after save:  "Connectivity framework error:  External component has thrown an exception." 

I can create an agent with this source system but it errors when starting with a similarly cryptic error:  "Manufacturing Fault: REASON = Invalid server information.  Parameter name: input"

The odd thing is that I can successfully connect to a local IP21 OPC server with 3.00 specification.

What's going on here?  Why can I connect without error to 3.00 but not 2.05A?  How to troubleshoot connectivity to the RSLinx OPC server in this case?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

To use RSLinx DA 2.05a with a PCo OPC DA Source Agent, apply these settings:

In the Source Agent Settings Tab, select Browsing Mode (DA2.05a) to Relative Path, save changes

In the Agent Instance Tag Query Tab select Cache Mode to Cache, save changes

This should now let you browse for tags. However, you must create an import a symbol file in order to browse any "classic" PLC tags by name (i.e. SLC-5, PLC-5).  Symbol tags would be exposed in the Offline branch of the browse list.

Regards, Steve

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

This procedure is also documented in SAP Note 1865939

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:  Upgraded to PCO 2.3, same issue.