cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI to Documentum using API calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have requirement wherein I get cXML message from Ariba through cXML adapter. This message contains message + attachments in MIME format (base 64) . Now, I have to upload these attachments to Documetum (through API calls called DFC's in Documentum) and get back DocumentumID's for each of the attachements. Then include these ID's in the original cXML message and then map this into an idoc in ECC.

Now, I am facing challenge while uploading attachments (could be PDF, word, TXT, image) into Documentum. Please suggest how to do it ?

One of the solution is to write custom adapter module and use it in the sender cXML adapter. Please share the code/experience if you have worked on similar requirement.

Thanks much.

Arijit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjit,

If you are using Ariba ASN Adapter to get cXML from Ariba then you have two options within Adapter to handle Attachment:

1. Download to a Folder

2. Embedded in cXML (Base64)

I would suggest to use 1st option wherein you can download the attachment directly from Ariba.

Mount the Documentum Folder on your PI System (Basis/Network team can help) and Provide its Path in Adapter. This way ASN Adpter will download attachment directly on Mounted location which is nothing but your documnetum.

Avoid Base64 as it will increase your payload size.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Sunil.

However, I need to get back the DocumentumID at the sametime. These id's combined with the rest of the cXML message would be transformed to an idoc structure and stored in ECC.

I am not sure how can i achieve if I go by Option 1. Please help.

Do you have any further inputs for the API based DFC calls or webservice based DFS approach ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have written and adapter module EJB code which will make the API call to Documentum, upload the PDF and get back the DocumentumID.

This EJB is successfully build and deployed on the server but after I added it in channel in ID....the cXML channel stopped picking up the messages.

I think its a known bug in Ariba adapter that the audit logs can not be seen in RWB so it has made it more dificult for me to trouble shoot.

How can i check if the adapter was called at all and what went wrong ?

The 3rd party adapters have a different way of adding EJB modules ?

Please help.

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arijit,

You are right, Sender ASN Adapter will not show any log in RWB. Put your ASN Adapter in Debug Mode (Refer ASN Adapter config guide for how to put ASN Channel in Debug Mode) thereafter you can find the Trace in defaultTrace (in NWA).

If Adapter Module Doesn't work for you, Try Calling Documentum in Mapping.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

FYI, the audit logs can be monitored from message monitoring--> Adapter engine..

Now, after successfully deploying the EAR on ther PI server ...i am getting the following warning and the bean is not working:

Warning occurred on server 1627350 during deploy sap.com/FileUploadEAR : References Test: There are no matching deploy time references (described in META-INF/SAP_MANIFEST.MF) for the following runtime references [sap.com/engine.security.facade, sap.com/engine.j2ee14.facade, sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.svc.facade, sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.ifc.facade, sap.com/com.sap.aii.af.lib.facade, sap.com/com.sap.base.technology.facade] (described in the META-INF/application-j2ee-engine.xml)., file: FileUploadEAR.ear, column 0, line 0, severity: warning

Date:

2014-06-03

Can someone please help ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

we had  the same requirement  for InvoiceDetailRequest interface between Ariba and ECC .

Download the attachment to a particular location which has mounted between ECC and PI.once it gets download the cxml adapter will generate a URL for each attachment that indicates the location of the downloaded attachment .this URL you can see in one of the field in CXML structure .

Ariba has given two mappings(one is standard mapping and the other is custom mapping)

In custom mapping do RFC call to ECC system .Input to this RFC is the field that has URL.

ask Abaper to write a Function module to pick the attachment and send to Documentum  get response from them.so output from RFC is DocumentumId map to target filed in the IDOC.

Thanks,

Akhila.A