cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database access tool for Java Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A couple of days back, our SAP's database (MSSQL) was corrupted and downed the Java Stack.

During the Java development, normally after a newly created table was deployed via Java Dictionary, Java developer will access the database via the MSSQL Enterprise Manager to view/delete/update data. Unlike the ABAP development, all database access was done via SE16 in SAPGUI. It was believed that the Java Development kind of direct access to the database via the MSSQL Enterprise Manager was causing some MSSQL tables to be corrupted, and thus downed the Java Stack.

1. Is there any tool like SE16 to access database during the Java Development?

2. If no, what kind of recommendation/tool to access database for Java Development?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> Is there any tool like SE16 to access database during the Java Development?

If you mean a tool like TOAD to access your tables from Java dictionary...then a bad news for you...there is no standard tool to do that...may be you can try to find out any open source tool if exists, and which works on JDBC...

>> If no, what kind of recommendation/tool to access database for Java Development?

may be you can develop your own

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Actually, MS Enterprise Manager is a tool like TOAD for Oracle. But what i'm looking for is perhaps a built-in tool available in the SAP Netweaver environment. My concern is If we were to develop Java application at the client site, it is a bit hard to get the permission to access their database directly.

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

What would be the difference in accessing the database using NWDS or using some other tool? Essentially that requires the same permissions.

FYI, my favourite open source tool: <a href="http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/">SQuirreL SQL Client</a>.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

There are no industry recommended open source DB tools.

Normally it depends upon the developer preferences that how he/she wants to see the tool usability.

I can suggest you to go through the below link:

http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=SQL+Tools

You can find many open source SQL tools, which you have to test and select one among them.

I can suggest you to use:

1) TOra

2) Easy SQL

3) SQuirrel

"Choose a Tool which is easy to use and efficient, Dont worry about Look n Feel"

Best of Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Julius,

There are no industry recommended open source DB tools.

Normally it depends upon the developer preferences that how he/she wants to see the tool usability.

I can suggest you to go through the below link:

You can find many open source SQL tools, which you have to test and select one among them.

I can suggest you to use:

1) TOra

2) Easy SQL

3) SQuirrel

"Choose a Tool which is easy to use and efficient, Dont worry about Look n Feel"

Best of Luck