cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Export - Need to test run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We plan for client export/import with profile SAP_UCSV .

So I have some question on same:-

1. How I will take test run for export client profile SAP_UCSV on source system for calculate the size of client?

2. Where I want to create RFC connection - on both system or only on source system?

3. Is it required file system structure same on both?

Source Client - QAS (600)

Target Client - COS (800)

Please guide

Regards,

Ajay Asawa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay

I believe there is no test run option in client export and import

If you are doing a client export and import then you do not need RFC.

You export the client to the OS level transport file system. So you need to make sure there is sufficient space in the transport file system

If the transport file system is common then you do not need.

Refer these SAP notes

1537913 - Client Copy: Local & Remote copies, Client Export/Import and Client deletion

118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your all reply.

Suggested information is very helpful. I know there is no test run option in client export/import method.

But my question is that for export client profile SAP_UCSV from source to target client.

How can i calculate the size for this profile SAP_UCSV on source system?

Can i test run for profile SAP_UCSV in tcode SCCL on source system? Is it possible?

Please guide

Regards,

Ajay Asawa

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you do a client export the content will be exported from the database using R3trans to the file system. This is will smaller as export content will be compressed.

I am not aware of any option to identify the size of a specific copy profile.

Regards

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

1. you cant do test run for export/import method. there is a report which you may find in the notes suggested by Reagan, based on which you can get the idea of exisiting client and you can judge how much space would be required on target client.

I will suggest you to atleast have 5GB of free spaces available in your tables on target system.

2. if you are performing expor/import you dont have to create RFC connections, as you can simply transfer the files across systems on OS level also.

RFC connections are required in Remote clinet copy mehod, and its not suggested.

3. You dont need same file structures.

Thanks

Ayush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aayush,

Have you any idea for calculate the size of export data for specific client profile?

Can I test run in SCCL for specific profile?

Regards,

Ajay

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can use report RSSPACECHECK to estimate source client size

118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The note suggested by Yves will suffice your requirement.  Hope you are done with your client space estimates.

Thanks

Ayush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The report RSSPACECHECK might have given you an idea about the space required. If you are still looking for the size estimate, I would suggest you to do a test run with the local (SCCL - if you have multiple clients available in the system) or remote client copy methods (SCC9 - if only one client available in the system).

For this purpose you will have to create RFC destinations between the two different clients. You can check the logs in SCC3.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

1)Try to exclude Test Run

2) Make RFC in Target

3) Copy Co and Data files in Target

4) Then Run Post Export Steps,

5) Make Sure Sufficient Space available