Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Workflow for ESS Income Tax Declareations

soumya_ranjan_patel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Need little clarity on workflow for ESS IT declareations. What I did till now is using a Stanadard Workflow template WS18900052 for getting the requests and in approval processes Agent is determined using a BADI 'HRPBSIN_NEXT_APPROVER'. So it is working good.

Current Requirement :

(a) Have 2 sub-process 1) Auto approval & 2) Request for approval and

(b) Agent to be fetched from a custom table

Details:

If an Employee is creating request in 1st few months of calender year it should be auto approved and for remaining months it should go to the agent from Custom table for approval.

Queries:

1) Do changses in Standard template or copy standard and do changes (If copy then how to link ESS and template to trigger workflow) ?

2) How to do the auto-approval thing means where to write code and getting data to Workflow container from ESS ?

3) and Which Infotype and fields to be updated for that ?

Kindly help me in any way you can.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ronen_weisz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know WS18900052 but I will try to help:

1. usually you can make changes to standard templates using transaction swdd_config, however changes make in this transaction are limited (you can't make changes to the template structure), any other changes will require copying the template and creating your own (think of what will happen in an upgrade - changes will be overwritten). most workflow templates use starting events, if this is the case you can change the linkage in transaction swe2, if not you will have to look in the process customizing or BADI's.

2. workflows are object oriented - WS18900052 is probably using an object or a class, you can use the data which already exists in them or enhance them (create a z subobject and delegate back) to get your data by adding attributes and methods.

3. that is a question for your HCM consultants.