cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate trip numbers appears for multiple employees within same Personnel Area

vtamil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Duplicate trip numbers appears for multiple employees within same Personnel Area in employee SAP Portal. Back end looks fine and their is NO issues, only this occures in portal

Number ranges looks to be good in PR10 screen and same range is NOT maintained to single personnel area.

Please suggest a solution for this problem

Thanks

Regards,

Tamizh Amuthan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

from my knowledge there is no difference between creation of trip id via portal or back end.

So for me definitely a problem of the set up of number ranges.

Please send screen shot of your setting in PR10.

You have checked "modifications"?

Best regards,

Sigi

vtamil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

PR10 screen looks to be fine, as if the number range is configured for 2 personnel areas then it should affected multiple users. I have only one user facing this issue.

That too when the user is downloading the trip number in adobe format. Backend in all destinations report I dont see any duplicates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamiz,

It seems to be portal buffer issue, tell this problem to Portal/Basis administrator to clear the buffer or restart the portal services. There might be no possibility of duplicate trip number generation.

Regards,

Narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I get confused. Therefore I would still like to the your setting with the number ranges 😉

Definitely it should be no issue with a kind of "portal buffer". The system is getting the number directly from the backend.

So coming back to your post:

First of all take care that even you use two different personnel ares to not "overlap" your ranges.

Yes of course technical this is possible but I would not go for this. Because I like to have one trip number as unique identifier in the system.

Second: This person where you get the issue has not changed from one to another personnel area?

What do you mean by downloading the trip number to adobe? There is nothing in SAP standard which are downloading a trip number. Trip numbers get assigned BY SAVE!

At the end I will come back to my first thought: Your number ranges are overlapping. That is actually for the system no issue. Or do you get any error for this specific trips?

Best regards,

Sigi

vtamil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

Thanks for your inputs. I downloaded the trip details in a pdf format, Not the trip number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, why this? You get ist for free from SAP standard - Trip Details form in PDF format.

vtamil
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

yes I am telling about sap standard. When user tried to download the travel request trough pdf format this issue occured. However when we checked the pdf in backend through all destinations report we dont see any of the duplicate trips.

The duplications is occuring only in portal NOT in backend.

Regards,

Tamiz Amuthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamiz,

that sound strange. Maybe I don't get it well.

How you "download" the travel request through pdf format?

Actually there is no such a thing than download - The PDF form (also in Portal) just look on the data base and show up the trip data (including the trip id)

Maybe you are doing here something customer specific. A PDF form to enter data etc.

At the end duplication of trip number should never occur by opening an SAP Form!!

So than open an OSS message ...

Best regards,

Sigi