cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single document release - License type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are facing an issue, when rechecking the old import documents which are assigned with License (Created with license type - single document release) are getting legal control block now. The license is not getting recognized for the document.

Before rechecking, the documents were not under any legal control block and the licenses (Single document release - license type) were recognized. What would be the reason behind this? What are the settings to be done specific to single document release- license types?

Kindly share your comments.

Thanks in advace!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

It also depends on what option was selected when you had manually assigned the licenses to the documents in the past. If it had been B1 System, Manually changed, Cannot be changed by system. This wouldn't have happened.

Now as Aman said, you will have to reassign the licenses to those documents.

I personally feel there is a drawback for Purchase orders in terms of recheck.

Basically a document becomes not valid for re-check or re-determination based on following criteria

1) If its a sales order item- As soon as the order is delivered, the sales order becomes not relevant for check. Which makes sense as the subsequent document is generated. If you check the log, it would say Items not relevant for check.

2) If its an outbound delivery item- As soon as the delivery is PGI'd, it becomes not relevant for check.

3) But for Purchase order- The criteria is set as deletion indicator- Which means, a PO item is relevant for re-check in GTS unless and until it is deleted. Even  if a delivery is generated for a STO line item, the PO item is considered as relevant for re-check. This had bitten me in the past.

If you don't remember the manual assignment option selected. Can you check the control settings for Legal control- your legal regulation and see what's set for Manual assignment default. If it's not B1, you may consider changing it.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Please can you quickly check and confirm me if the licences are well within validity periods. Also, check whether anything had changed in the configuration settings for legal control or in the GTS cockpit for Legal Control-Import like License determination strategy etc. We will further dig into the issue based on your response.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amandeep,

Thanks for your quick response. Further, the license having validity and its active. There is no confirguation changes done on the license type and legal regulation settings. Actually before rechecking the document, the log for particular legal regulation of document shows " Checking manually assigned license type XX" and the docuemnt is not blocked.

But after rechecking, the manual license type details disappeared from the log and the docuemnt gets legal cotrol block. (This time the license still in assigned status with the document)

Actually we have recently updated system with latest patches. Not sure whether does this impacts.

We are using version10.1 (Release 901- SP -0010).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Ok, Understood. I just forgot one main point itself that since the documents were manually assigned with a license earlier, hence rechecking them had offset their earlier assignment and you  need to assign licenses  to all such documents again in order to get them released from legal control block. I couldnt believe that how I forgot above important point ealier.

Regards,

Aman