cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report asks for database login in deployed version using crystal runtime for vs2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing an application with VS2008 .Net with an Interface to use external Crystal  reports.

I created a Report using Crystal Reports 2011 "doku.rpt".

I am using a CrystalReportViewer "crpv" on a form.

I am using a ReportDocument object (Variable "ReportDocumentM"), to which I load the file "doku.rpt"  and assign the logon Settings of main and subreports (which are the same for all tables).

Using crpv.ReportSource = ReportDocumentM I assign the reportDocument to the ReportViewer.

On my develop System everything works fine, the Report is shown in the Viewer.

I created a Setup for my application and isnatalled it on another System. I also installed the CrystalRuntime for VS2008.

When I try to Show the Report, a dailog "Database Login" appears and aks for the Connection.

where the SERVER, USERID and (sometimes the PWD) Input fields are filled with  the correct values, but always the DATABASE field is empty.

SERVER and DATABASE fields are READONLY.

Hours and hours I tried differnt things, I also filled the logon info of the ReportViewer himself, nothing helped.

The code:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I found the solution in another discussion:

"Crystal ask for DB Connections on new installation"

Correct Answer by Marc Trudel  on Jan 9, 2014 6:57 PM ' Solved Reports are all saved with SQLNCLI which is Sql Native client 9 (2005) New computers only have SQLNCLI10 which is Sql Native Client 10 (2008) Customer will either install SQL CLient 10 on all old computer and upgrade the reports or install SQL Client 9 on new computers which will avoid upgrading hundred of reports

In my case the original Report was created on a System with both SQLNativeClient 9 and SQLNativeClient 10 on it. Because I originally used a SQL2000 database as datasource, the SQLNativeClient9 was used. It wasn't a Problem on the System when I dynamically connected to a SQL2008R" database, probably because the NativeClient9 was still there and could be used. On the other Computer only the NativeClient10 was existing and this caused the Problems.

But I think that this is a bug in Crystal: I think ist normal, that from time to time there are changes in DataBase Connections and Clients, so the reports should be able to work also with new Clients. At least there  should be a message to inform about the Problem.

Answers (0)