Issue in configure Information Steward 4.1 Metadata integrator with BO 4.1

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Environment

Machine 1 :BO 4.1

Machine 2: IPS 4.1,DS 4.2,IS 4.2

We need to get the BO 4.1 metadata into information steward .As per IS install guide "If machine 1 has BI platform 4.1 SP1 and machine 2 has Information Steward installed on IPS 4.1, then you do not need to install the Remote Job Service utility. IPS 4.1 SP1 can collect metadata directly from a BI platform 4.1 system because the BI SDK is compatible between IPS 4.1 SP1 and BI platform 4.1 SP1.3"

what else we need to configure ?

Do we need to install 4.1 client in IS installed machine?

I'm getting below error when trying to add integrator

CMS Server name : BO 4.1 cms name , user name&PWD : BO 4.1 user and pwd

Infoview Integration user:BO 4.1 user&Pwd

Thanks in advance for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BillW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

What is the mane of both systems?

Environment

Machine 1 :BO 4.1

Machine 2: IPS 4.1,DS 4.2,IS 4.2

I'm assuming that machine 1 is BIBOPRD. If that's the case the integrator needs to be logging into machine 1. It looks like you might be setting it up correctly. If that's the case then you might try using ping to test connectivity between the two systems. Host files and items like that.

Maybe try the IP address for the CMS name.

Thanks,

BW

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bill,

Thanks for response.

Machine1 : BI 4.1 CMS name is BIBOPRD

Machine 2: IPS 4.1 CMS name is BIDSDEV

I tried with IP also.I can able to ping BIBOPRD from BIDSDEV .

Is there any settings /configurations to do in BIBOPRD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You must install the BI Client tools in IPS server (make sure that BI Platform in Machine 1 and BI Client Tools in Machine 2 must be of same version including support pack). Then before creating metadata integrator connection in IPS, try to connect BI server in Machine 1 from Client tools in Machine 2. For this you can use, UDT / IDT / WebI Rich Cleint to test whether Machine 2 is able to connect Machine 1 or not. If you failed at this level, then there problem with Firewall or port issue. We have to fix this before moving ahead.

If above test is passed, then go to IPS - CMC, check whether ISJobServer service is available, enabled and running. Disable this service and check what services are included under this. Check all the services related to IS is included or not. If not include all services, enable and restart the server.

Then you create the BOE Integrator source connection.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy