Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict the user for PR creation cost centerwise through Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How to Restrict the user for PR creation cost centerwise  through role.

I have Add the object   K_CSKS and K_CCA, in my role but system can not restrict .

pls suggest me some other way only through role.

Regards,

sanjay singh

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible based on std authorization object, you need to have a customized authorization object which needs to verfiy the roles based on cost center wise.

0 Kudos

Hi ;

Can you work on belowed configuration step ? I hope that  you can activate checking of cost center authorization object based on company code.

For authorization objects you can benefit from

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

0 Kudos

we need to restrict the user only cost centerwise.

As suggested by you,our requirement is not fullfill.

0 Kudos

how to create a customized authorization object,please brief me.

0 Kudos

HI,

you can create custom authorization object from SU21 and insert desired details like ACTVT(activity) and object field. and also you have to assign that object in the program.

Regards,

mukesh

0 Kudos

Hi Arminder,

Mere adding authorization objects to roles will not help system understand what to restrict. Ultimately it is a program logic which system understands. So the logic should be available to achieve the function.

For your requirement you can do following as PR creation is not possible to restrict on cost center  through standard code.

• Check if there is user exit to insert check on cost center using standard auth object or custom auth object.
  • Create custom transaction as copy of standard PR creation transaction and insert a check to restrict access based on cost center.

BR,

Mangesh

0 Kudos

NO!

Do not create a copy of the standard SAP transaction! Reasons:

1. every note applied to your SAP system that corrects errors around ME5* or ME2* will totally bypass your custom made transaction.
  2. every upgrade will adjust all of your SAP system but bypass all the clones. If you don't buy a software or SAS that helps you pre-upgrade to identify and adjust all the clones in your system, you're practically doomed.

In your case, first look, if there's a BADI, because you would need to check on the authorization at the point where the user enters a cost-center in the PO or PR. Since this is dialogue, a BADI sounds like just the thing.

If that can't be done, try for an user-exit.

If that also can't be done, modify the SAP standard. This is the best way, believe me, since every upgrade will throw up your modification in SPAU/SPAM, so it will never go unnoticed or get "forgotten" and your adjustment will be obligatory.

As for Mehmet's hardcopy. Authority check for G/L accounts could only work in your case, if you bind the cost-centre to a G/L account. This can easily be done but you would have to clarify that with your FI people first. If they agree to make the accounts cost-centre relevant, this might be a good approach. Test it out!

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply it really helps