cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query "All My Expense Reports " is already open in another session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our users are constantly getting the error message when trying to create/view ER

logging off and log on again is not solving the issue.

How to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all I would check transaction SM12 if there are locked entries and checking how often that is happening.

Is this on your productive system?

Than of course you should check: Browser version (try another browser if this happens also there)

Thank checking Patch level of portal, ERP FI and HR ...

Ask basis team about what are the performance values and if everything is fine.

Finally when all this is not working open a OSS message to SAP to get specific help for your implementation.

Best regards,

Sigi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siegfried & Srikanth thanks for your quick & helpful response, our
basis team confirmed the issue will be resolved owing to production restart.

But would like to know the probable cause for the issue as this affected
many users in the past week.

Thanks!

regards,
Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

normally this system behavior is know when you are on a test system because on limited performance.

What is happening? Each system access will cause an entry in SM12 - by this the system takes care that not two users will be able to change data in the same time. (to avoid conflicts)

So somehow this entry will stay even the user exit the transaction. Why? Long story 🙂

At the end normally this is not happen - or the system admin (basis team) will take care that the situation will not be there anymore.

If this will not help you can tell your users to proper log out from the screen - but all this thoughts are useless from my side. At the end the system has to take care about clearing the lock entry in SM12!!

Best regards,

Sigi

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.