Did you mean: 

How to modify grouping for a material/product in GTS

former_member1114079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I hope you are doing well.

I have requirement that i have to modify the grouping for a product,

De we have any function module for this requirement in GTS system.

Please give your solution if you know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Please take a look at the standard code:

• Form UPDATE_PRCON (/SAPSLL/LPRODUCT_IFACEF01)
  • Form PRODUCT_SAVE (/SAPSLL/LPRODUCT_F01)

Basically the technique is to submit a modified /SAPSLL/PRCON structure to Function Module /SAPSLL/PRODUCT_MNTN_SUBOBJ, and then save the buffered data to the database using Function Module /SAPSLL/PRODUCT_SAVE_MASS.

Good luck!

Dave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You can directly change the grouping of a particular product by going into the change mode for a product in Legal Control Tab and the selecting the relevant legal regulation . You can also define a new grouping in Compliance Management master data area

I hope this is what you asked for.

Incase of any further queries, please let me know it.

Regards,

Aman

former_member1114079
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Aman,

Sorry, i have to explain clearly that I am a developer in SAP GTS and i have to write a program to modify the grouping for the products which will run in the background.

This is what my actual requirement.

Kindly give solution if you know.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

In that case, I will recommend you to get the  CONGR (Product Grouping) field updated through a program that uses tables /SAPSLL/PRCON and /SAPSLL/PNTPR to find a product and its corresponding grouping with the use of GUID's and then update that.

I hope being a developer, you can do so.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I just searched for other stuffs in the GTS system and found program /SAPLL/MAEX_UPLOAD_R3 as the closet stuff as per my recommendations to you. This program updates Legal Regulation using two tables and the same approach we can take to update Product Groupings in your case using the earlier mentioned tables.

Regards,

Aman

former_member1114079
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Aman,

I have heard that some function module been using for this process.thats why i am asking explicitly.

Thank you for spending your valuable time and sharing valuable thoughts,

Regards,

Anand