cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQS: when is time stamp in the "last change by" changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Recently we are encountering issues in our OUTBOUND queue of ECC. In a certain time queues pile-up to almost 2K and are in status READY.

*Integration is ECC <-> APO

To understand if its a QRFC issue or a Overloaded WorkProcesses, we need to isolate each case.

First we assumed that the reason of having the READY status are:

1. due to the change in TYPE of the queue name (APO system) from R to U or vice versa

2. due to the change in STATUS of the queue name

What we would like to know is, what does the time stamp consider upon updating?

Are those assumptions above correct?

Also the User ID seems not being updated.

I asked the user indicated in the "last change by" if he did some change, but responded that he is not performing any change in the QRFC for the past few days. But it shows his name and current time stamp.

thanks and regards!

Zeek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ezekiel,

If your case is that all the queues are stuck and if the queues are de-registered by someone in SMQS, then it is very much evident that the userid which is being shown there is the right one who performed that action. It gets updated immediately and I dont think there is any error with respect to the time stamp. Perhaps, the user did it my mistake and he doesn't want to reveal it ?

Also, in the filed queues what was the time stamp of the first queue that got stuck. Is it matching with the time stamp given in the SMQS - "U" status ?

Hope this helps you.

Babu Kilari

SCM APO Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu, really appreciate your response on this.

Unfortunately, when i look into SMQS the APO system queue was already set to R. Upon checking the "last change by" (double clicking on the TYPE) i see that the time stamp was at current date and time.

And the only thing that can help us catch who/what is the cuplrit (user/background process), is to understand what are the factors that the time stamp in "last change by" considers. Also the user indicated in it, was saying he hasn't performed any changes that day... What bothers us is that it might be a background process as the time stamp keeps changing every time... Usually, for what i noticed, the time stamp there only register the date and time when our system had the support pack updated. but recently, it is showing that its been changing every day.

Moreover, our basis folk just assumes that the time stamp considers both the update in TYPE and as well as the change in STATUS. He is saying that the change in activity (when ECC transfers data to APO) is the reason behind the change in time stamp. For us to prove it, we checked on /SAPAPO/CC and saw that the last update of CIF/Any changes in ECC is similar to the one in SMQS last change, so it is not a valid reason, though the time is quite near what SMQS says.

So what we need to understand is that, was it really the CIF/any updates in Orders going to APO does trigger the time stamp change in SMQS "last change by"?

thanks!

Zeek

Answers (0)