cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCO - UTC functionality is not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP MII 14.0 SP4 and PCO 2.3 patch 4.

Trying to create a OLEDB connection for different Timezone and check.I have enabled the option "Convert Server Date and Time to UTC" and also set the property value of Timezone as 'UTC'.

The functionality is not working fine when  MII server and PCO server with timezone EST . So I tried to change the server Timezone of PCO to UTC and tried but no luck. Also tried option of making both the server to UTC. Even though its not working.

Please let me know is their any other configuration to perform?

Regards

R.Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

I just picked the Timezone from the client PC through javascript passed into BLS and converted the "Timezone".

Regards

R.Prakash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any solution for the above issue?

Regards

R.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I am installing MII and PCO the server timezone is in EST.

I am getting the result below:

1. Changing the time in the PCO server and MII server remains in EST

System Time : EST : 10:02 AM

UTC: 10:02 AM

EST: 14:02 PM

CDT: 15:02 PM

NDT: 12:32 PM

System Time : UTC : 14:08 PM

UTC: 10:08 AM

EST: 14:08 PM

CDT: 15:08 PM

NDT: 12:38 PM

2. Changing the timezone on MII/PCO same server

System Time : EST : 10:32 AM

UTC: 10:32 AM

EST: 14:32 PM

CDT: 15:34 AM

NDT: 13:04 PM

System Time : UTC : 14:45 PM

UTC : 14:45 AM

EST : 18:44 PM

CDT: 19:44 PM

NDT: 17:14 PM

As I observe that EST had become as UTC.when I do "(UTC-6)" its behaving like (UTC+6).

I don't know what is the problem here. Can anyone help on this?

Regards

R.Prakash

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are you trying ot accomplish?  PCo and MII servers should be set to the time zone in which they reside.  Is the OLEDB data source in a different time zone than PCo/MII? Are you wanting to convert the OLEDB data datetime values from what is in the table to UTC?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

My MII and PCO both residing in same server of timezone EST.

I have created different PIOLEDB agents  with different timezone like UTC,EST,CDT etc. I am trying to query the tag value using SQL query from MII.

I am not getting the exact result? What would be the problem?

I have tried changing the Timezone of the MII/PCO server to UTC. Even though it dint help. Please let me know the solution?

Regards

R.P

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

R.P,

The Time Zone conversion settings for the OLEDB Agent are only evaluated if the Variant Representation is set to First (please see the PCo Help documentation for details on this setting)

Rather than use the OLEDB Connector for PI, why not use the PCo PI Agent to connect natively to the PI Historian?  In this mode PCo always returns the tag timestamps in UTC.  this also gives you the ability to use the PCoQuery template in MII and actually browse the tag database in PI as well.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

My aim is to get the different timezone values from the PI.

Is that possible from PI Agent using PCO query?

Also I have tried with variant option "First". I am not getting the converted value.

My MII/PCO having the timezone of EST which is 3:20 PM.

I am getting as below:

UTC  : 15:20 PM

EST (UTC-5): 19:20 PM

CDT (UTC-6):20:20 PM. So its showing UTC as EST. What I observe is its doing (UTC+'value').

Please let me know what should I do for getting the right time zone?

Regards

R.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Is that possible of getting the different Timezone using PI agent?

The value is (UTC+5) when I give (UTC-5) in OLEDB connection. I dont know what is the reason.Can you help out?

Regards

R.P

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R.P,

If you leave the Timezone for PCo and MII as the location (assume EST), what time zone is PI in?  PI datetime values should be stored in UTC already, and PCo returns PI values through PCoQuery as UTC and the MII UI should handle the time zone conversion.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I know that the UI can handle it. But I need to use OLEDB connection for each PCO instance with various timezone.When I queried from MII, I should get the timestamp with respect to each Instance.

How can I make it?

When I tried that for eg: (UTC-6) I am getting result as timezone UTC+6.

My MII/PCO and also PI server returns the value in EST.Please let me know how to proceed with this?

Regards

R.P