cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price increase every year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where in a contract the list price of an item needs to increase every year by 10%. This could be every year for 10 years or just every year as long as the material is active in SAP. Also within the year there should be price protection which means the List price cannot be changed. Is this possible partly or completely in Std sap?

Thanks,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
This could be every year for 10 years or just every year as long as the material is active in SAP

Better maintain for first year and you can very well change once in a year which is a best approach.

Is this possible partly or completely in Std sap?

Yes quite possible.  With the help of Security team, dont give authorisation of VK11 & VK12 to users. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys..I should have mentioned that they don't want to keep creating records every year or creating records per validity period. They don't even want to run mass update. And they want carry out new pricing (reprice functionality) to be disabled. Or any such price protection so that people have VA02 but cannot reprice.

Thanks,

Rashmi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I should have mentioned that they don't want to keep creating records every year or creating records per validity period. They don't even want to run mass update.

For this, then you may need to develop your own customized programs to do price increase every year. Discuss with your ABAP team.

And they want carry out new pricing (reprice functionality) to be disabled. Or any such price protection so that people have VA02 but cannot reprice.

You can check with your basis team to disable update pricing functionality. You may also need to use user exit to fulfill the requirement, so you can check the OSS note 105621 - Authorization check for the condition screen for details. Again discuss with your ABAP team for both of your requirements.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all..I am not sure if I can award 3 correct answers as all are correct so I awarded 3 helpful. I will tell the client that ABAP coding is needed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

If business doesn't want to keep maintaining condition record, in this case add a new conditon type with custom routine which will make it active only in the second year of contract.. and based on the age of the contract and based on age it will go on adding the percentage.. using this method you will also  have flexibility of varying the percentage..

The logic should check based on the contract start date at item level...

Regards

Naveen Kaluti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I understand you have 2 scenarios here

1. Within a year , the price will remain same

2. after every year, the price should change by 10%

Since it is a very long term that you are talking here ( 10 years or till the material exist), there can be 2 methods of doing it.

1. Since you know the list price starting today (which will remain constant throughout year) and also the next year's mark-up is also known i.e. 10%

so go to VK11, make the list price entry as below

Material amount Start DateEnd Date
A12001-Jan-1431-Dec-14
A

(120+10% of 120)

01-Jan-1531-Dec-15
A

(132+10% of 132)

01-Jan-1631-Dec-16
A16001-Jan-1731-Dec-17
A17601-Jan-1831-Dec-18
A19301-Jan-1931-Dec-19
A21301-Jan-2031-Dec-20

So like this you can do this 1 time activity and your requirement is done.

2. The other method involves ABAPing.

You make an entry of list price (currrent) in VK11 valid for next 10 years

in the pricing you assing a Z-formula to the Condition

this Z-formula will calculate the year (based on the Sys-date and the condition start date) and apply the 10% markup accordingly.

I suggest you go with option 1, it seems very childish but it is 100% standard with ZERO possibility of BUGS !!

-Cheers,

Sachin.