cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root cause for delivery to show up on LX47 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am new to SAP and supporting an off site warehouse location.  I'm trying to research and locate the root cause for why a delivery shows up on LX47.

The situation the warehouse is experiencing is that they are having to run the LX47 transaction multiple times a day to correct delivery issues.

I know from my initial research that deliveries show up on LX47 due to the OB Delivery being blocked, and that this is caused by the OB delivery and related Transfer Orders do not match in the system.

What I'm trying to figure out is, from an Operations standpoint, what is causing the OB Delivery and the TO's not to match?

Is there only 1 reason?  Are there 100?  This is what I'm trying to understand.

The only thing I have found thus far is that 2 people/transactions are in the delivery at the time of the update.  Is this accurate?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mihailo mentions there can be serveral reasons.

Next to the expired batch an update can also fails due missing data in the batch or a mismatch on the valuation type.

Also a quite common error is a negative stock line (i.e. due cycle counting or continuous inventory) or another stock move that messed up the ATP quantities (i.e. a specific batch that got blocked or moved to another Sloc).

It might be an idea to run LX47 in a batchjob every XX minutes.

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be more reasons for LX47 records...

One of the nastiest is when your batch has expired and delayed delivery update fails.

There were a few more different cases I have encountered but cannot remember at the moment.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I am sure you are very much aware about the process flow however i just want to narrate again, if the plant and storage location is WM managed then you generally create a transfer order with reference to the delivery document to perform the picking process now at the time of confirmation of the transfer order you can update the Delivery immediately (Standard SAP) or you can set the indicator to delay the delivery update(Check the below mentioned screen and IMG path).if you choose to delay the delivery update those delivery will appear in the LX47 and you have the provision to manually update  the Delivery from there. (Apart from the above mentioned there are some instance where after confirmation of the transfer order and in between updating the delivery either material master / Batch master / or some other relevant parameter is in edit mode or locked which cause failure to update the delivery immediately and you will find those delivery will also appear in the LX47)

Hope this will help to get some idea about LX47 and reason for delivery whose appear in the LX47

SPRO PATH

SPRO---Logistic Execution---Warehouse management ---Shipping ----Define Shipping control -- Shipping control per warehouse