Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample drawing procedure with container details

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario -" raw materials coming in drum or other container, out of the total lot size system consider square root of (n+1) for calculating no of drums for sample and then from each sample drum they pick 50 ml or 100 ml  ( fixed).

How to map this. I tried this with sample drawing procedure with P2 in formula, but its not working.

Please let me know the steps

Thanks

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am sending the screen shots, please check it, as per me its not showing the correct value.

As per me sample size should be 10 as no. of container is 100 CAN. but its showing wrong value

former_member42743
Active Contributor

The problem appears to be the UOM.  You entered in 100 cans as your number of containers.  For SQRT(N) + 1 that would mean to sample 11 containers, (not 10).  You must have a sample qty size of 50 Which would be 550 of whatever sample qty you would use.  In your case the sample qty is being calculated as KG.  This is why you see 550 KG as the sample qty. (550 / 11 containers = 50).  So the calculation seems to be correct but the UOM  is not.  If KG's are your BUOM for the material, you should use G as your sample UOM since it is difficult to convert KG to ML without a density factor.  You can only use an average value for this in the material master UOM conversions, (which you must maintain if you want to convert from KG's to ML's)

So make your sampling UOM to be G and you'll probably have better luck.

Craig

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig for the reply.

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

50ML or 100 ML is fixed sample size  but the number of container from which they will pick this fixed sample size (i.e 50 ml or 100 ml) is to be calculated by the formula.

As per your suggestions I did all settings but still when I do GRN for purchase order , Inspection lot status is CRTD instead of  REL and when I tried to assign Inspection plan to Inspection lot, system gives  a error message :

SAMP. DETERMINATION: DATA MISSING FOR NO. OF CONTAINERS AND LOT CONTAINER

Message no. QY307

What to do for this

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm again not following you. What are you looking for Varun? Do you need sample size equals 50/100 ml?

As I understand, you'll pick 50/100 ml from 'n' containers where n comes out on the basis of defined formula. And you look for this sample size i.e 50 or 100 ml. 

Is that the scenario?

ntn

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI nitin,

My requirement is to get the number of container using formula, 50 ml or 100 ml is fixed so I feel that can be captured by sampling procedure with fixed sample size 50 ml or 100 ml

let me give u one example:

suppose I purchased oil 2500 kg which is in 400 drums. so number of drum which quality people will inspected will be  approx. 20 according to the formula,  and sample size will be fixed, i.e. 100 ml

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

i think you are confused with sample size and sample qty. Basically when you calculate the 20 with help of 400. It mean you are calculating sample size and when you say 100 ml that means sample qty.

You can define the sample qty with operation and mic in inspection plan named as base sample qty

regards

Manish

former_member42743
Active Contributor

This error message sounds like when the receipt was done, no one entered in the number of containers received in the GR document.

To correct that, go into the inspection lot, (QA02), and enter the number of containers.  Then try to attach the plan and do the sample calculations.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQRT(P2)+1 should work for your scenario. Make sure you flag the no of containers indicator in QPV2 screen.

Regards,

Mahee

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

In your  Business scenario you can implement  P2  Formula and maintain physical sample tab

Lot Container  - Container

to Part Sample No - 999

let me know after checking

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is one thing I could not follow.

out of the total lot size system consider square root of (n+1) for calculating no of drums for sample and then from each sample drum they pick 50 ml or 100 ml  ( fixed). 

What does it mean that 50 ml or 100 ml is Fixed?

I assume the scenario in way where you receive the material in containers and then you need to calculate sample size as per the given formula.

Yes, you need to use P2 for the container (as P1 is for lot quantity). Also make sure, you have set the indicator for 'Containers'

I could understand this much from the query you have posted but I still have a doubt, that you are looking for something else. Not sure

ntn