cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is an upgrade of ECC6 EHP6 (NW 7.31) to 7.40 possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

One of my colleagues is busy trying to upgrade one of our boxes from EHP6 to EHP7 and 7.31 to 7.41.  Downloads have been fine and SUM has started ok but then it hits a screen asking what we want to do with the now redundant IW_FND component.  A bit of research shows this is no longer required as it is part of the SAP_GWFND component within 7.40 and is part of the standard deployment, i.e. not an add-on component.

That is all fine, however there doesn't appear to be a route to remove the IW_FND component and allow the upgrade to continue.  Our patching process is stuck at this stage as there is nothing to support removing the IW_FND component (that we can find) and we can't progress with it still in place.

So, can anyone confirm if it is actually possible to perform this upgrade path?  We're a bit worried the answer will be to implement on 7.41 from scratch...

Cheers,

G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So far the only upgrade I've performed to a 7.40 system was SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.13, which included SAP_GWFND_740 as part of the upgrade.  However, the original system didn't include the IW_FND component, so we didn't encounter the situation you're describing.  I'm sure you've already looked at Note 1569624 (Installation/Delta Upgrade of SAP NW Gateway 2.0) and related notes, which unfortunately don't give much hard information on this upgrade path.  My anticipation is that this upgrade path will have to be supported, but it's possible that the upgrade for systems with add-on IW_FND_250 may not yet be released, and you may just have to wait.  I guess you've already raised a customer incident message with SAP?

Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)