cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for Side Effect Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was requested by my business client to request a Side effect report for Netweaver 7.4 SP6 from SAP.

I've never heard of such a report.

if it exists, please educate me.

Maybe they are simply asking for the OSS note relating to the NW 7.4 SP6?

Anyone have a clue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joshua,

The report does exist.  It's on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/side-effects.  If you are logged on with an S-user belonging to the client, you can use presets for existing systems in their landscape, but if not you can manually set up the parameters of the report.  Basically, you enter in the current support pack level of the system to be patched and the target support pack level, and the tool goes in to look at known side effects that have correcting Notes assigned in the Notes in all the intervening support packs.  It takes a few hours to run, usually, and then you get an email notification when it's ready to go view.  The result is a spreadsheet that you can download with the Notes causing side effects, the Notes that correct them, which support pack the causing Notes are in, sortable by application area and priority.

Regards,

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the side-effects report is basically a list of all notes included in the stack and all intermediate patches you need to apply in order to get there.

The best way to get a side-effects report specific to your environment is through Solution Manager.  All you need to do is create a maintenance transaction as if you actually want to upgrade/update your systems to the requested patch level.  At the end, when you get the list of all patches that were selected and can maintain the dates when each system is updated, you have the option to send the patch list to SAP in order to create the side-effects report.  You will get an e-mail with a link to the report typically within a few hours.