cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variants for Filesystem monitoring in TechMon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create variant for Filesystem monitoring which satisfy my below requirement.

On particular single host I have following filesystems:

/oracle/ABC, /oracle/DEF, /oracle/XYZ - All these /oracle/SID should be monitored.

/oracle/ABC/sapdata01,02,03 ... 10 - Out of these I want to exclude only specific FS, like /oracle/ABC/sapdata03 and /oracle/XYZ/sapdata05

I checked document http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Template+Maintenance+-+File+System+Varia...

Based on it if I create variant as /oracle(/.*)*, every FS starting with /oracle gets monitored.

There is another example given in document, (?:(?!/oracle(/.*)*)(?!/aris(/.*)*).*)

The meaning is clear, but I could not adopt this to my requirement where I want to monitor everything starting with /oracle except /oracle/ABC/sapdata03 and /oracle/XYZ/sapdata05.

Please suggest. It would also be great if someone can help me understanding the meaning of symbols used in above Negative Regular Expression, like ?:/.*

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hrishikesh Wagle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could find out the solution.

To monitor everything starting with /oracle excluding every /oracle/SID/sapdata*

(?:(?!/oracle/(.*)/sapdata(/.*)*)(/oracle(/.*)*))

To monitor everything starting with /oracle excluding specific sapdata like /oracle/ABC/sapdata03 and /oracle/XYZ/sapdata05

((?!/oracle/ABC/sapdata03(/.*)*)(?!/oracle/XYZ/sapdata05(/.*)*)(/oracle(/.*)*))

Thanks.

Answers (0)