cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a view after modifying a table...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is the scenario.

I have a a table in HANA with 50+ columns of data.  I have created both Attribute and Analytical views of that data.  These views have been activated and deployed.  Now I need to modify my table to add two new columns that I will want to included in my existing Attribute and Analytical views.  How can I accomplish this?  It seems that when I modify my table, the views in HANA studio do not have the ability to be updated.  It seems I have to re-create my voews from scratch to now include my two new columns.  Hopefully I am missing something simple.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt, no way you need to recreate your views after a DDL change on the underlying tables.

When the table structure changes, you usually need to close any information view editors on the model in question and then reopen the model for editing after the change, but otherwise should be fine. I have done this many times.

What revision are you working on? Can you give the exact sequence of steps?

Regards,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply.  I knew it had to be something simple. I wasn't closing everything out and coming back in to force the refresh.

Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)