Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to point my local server to local database in Agentry

kngupta141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I downloaded all data base tables in to my local using ODBC connection in MS Access.

For testing i need to point my local server to this local database to see my changes are getting reflected or not.

How do build a ODBC connection to my local.

What changes i need to make in Agentry.ini to point my local server to local database

Regards,

Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Gupta,

I personally wouldn't recommend MS Access for this.  I use SQL Server Express (free) on my local PC as one of my main development backends.

Setting up the connection to the database whether local or on a network server is exactly the same.  You simply need to define the ODBC connection using the appropriate ODBC control panel.  Make sure you ODBC connection bit level (32-bit or 64-bit) matches your Agentry server bit level.

--Bill

kngupta141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

What is the IP address i need to provide for Local ODBC connection setup.

I tried to download, I see several types we can download which one we have to download

LocalDB

Express

Express with Tools

SQL Server Management Studio Express

Express with Advanced Services

Regards,

Gupta

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I downloaded the Express with Tools since that gave me the database engine and the Management studio I needed to interact and create databases.

In the ODBC connection I specify SQL Server as the type and give the server name as {hostname}\SQLEXPRESS

In my case I also setup my database with SQL server authentication so i then specify the user / password I setup to connect to my database.

--Bill

Answers (0)