cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding an FPM Application within WD => UIBBs not visible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we would like to embed an FMP application a WD application like described here Embedding an FPM Application - Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library. Unfortunately, we have the following problem: The screen that's rendered only contains the header line of the FPM apllication, nothing else. In particular, the included UIBBs are not visible.

Maybe this problem relates to the SAP remark "As FPM dynamically navigates the UIBBs into the FPM window, you must ensure that the embedded FPM is already embedded and initialized when the navigation phase starts." However, when I open my application in Chrome (which is no solution) everything works fine.

Anyone already had this problem and can help? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP presented a solution: SAP note 0001778401 and 0001779104. In particular, the second one was very helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Embedding of FPM applications is supported only to some extent. I remember seeing discussion threads on the topic, maybe you can find them if you search in the space. What is your SAP version including SP level? Make sure SAP note 1779104 is installed in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, for your answer. At least it helped me to find the WD application FPM_TEST_EMBED which describes how to embed an FPM application within a WD component.

I was able to localize the error. Apparently it is not possible to reuse a WD component which embeds an FPM application itself. Unfortunately, I did not find a workaround for the problem up to now.

I will try to open a SAP ticket, as the error is reproduceable. But I guess, they will take the view that embedding of FPM applications is only supported to some extent, as you said.