cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBJ 4.1 SP01 Web Intelligence Rich Client - "An Error Occurred at Session Creation"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I just installed BOBJ Client Tools 4.1 SP01 on my client's computer. However, when launching Web Intelligence Rich Client, we receive an error saying "An error occurred at session creation." Once the error box is closed, Rich Client stops loading and closes down. When I click the Details, the text which shows up says:

An Error occurred at session creation

com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.exception.WIException: ClusterFacadeImpl::openSession : unexpected exception

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.exception.WIExceptionFactory.create(WIExceptionFactory.java:18)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.WebIEngineRCImpl.processRequest(WebIEngineRCImpl.java:66)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.usersession.UserSessionRCImpl.logon(UserSessionRCImpl.java:91)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.SessionContext.logon(SessionContext.java:76)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.loginAndGetSessionContext(SessionsManager.java:321)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.logOnRepository(SessionsManager.java:222)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.initFirstSession(SessionsManager.java:138)

at com.sap.webi.ui.context.managers.SessionsManager.initFirstSession(SessionsManager.java:202)

at com.sap.webi.ui.RichClientMain$InitWorker.doInBackground(RichClientMain.java:506)

at com.sap.webi.ui.RichClientMain$InitWorker.doInBackground(RichClientMain.java:469)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.businessobjects.common.CdzClusterMgmt.ClusterFacadeException: IDL:CdzClusterMgmt/ClusterFacadeException:1.0

at com.businessobjects.common.CdzClusterMgmt.ClusterFacadeExceptionHelper.read(Unknown Source)

at com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.idl.OCA.OCAcdz.WICDZServer._WICDZUserSessionStub.openSession(_WICDZUserSessionStub.java:69)

at com.businessobjects.rebean.wi.newserver.exec.WebiUserSessionExecutor.openSession(WebiUserSessionExecutor.java:23)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.session.CreateSessionCommand.execute(CreateSessionCommand.java:100)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.corba.CorbaServerImpl.doProcess(CorbaServerImpl.java:79)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.processIt(AbstractServer.java:171)

at com.businessobjects.sdk.core.server.internal.AbstractServer.process(AbstractServer.java:133)

at com.sap.webi.client.toolkit.internal.WebIEngineRCImpl.processRequest(WebIEngineRCImpl.java:63)

... 15 more

I've tried downgrading the java version from 7.1.55 to 7.1.25, but this did not help

Any ideas on a cause and solution? Thank you in advance

-Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik Brook,

Do you have crystal reports installed in your machine.If yes please check the version and support pack of it.As you have installed BI 4.1 SP 1 ,try to install crystal reports of the same version and support pack.Even if this did not work un-install crystal reports and try to log in in Rich Client .This solution worked for me when I faced the Same problem

Thanks ,

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Worked for me as well, Crystal in the wrong patch level than BI Tools. Uninstallation of Crystal and WIRC works now.

Thanks for sharing Chaitanya.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In our case the intrusion prevention / anti virus is the reason. See -> http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1642091

0 Kudos

Check the SAP note - http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1942884

BR

Bhargav

Prabhith
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member,

Please see if the solution mentioned in the note 1642091 (An error occurred at session creation.when launching webi rich client) solves your issue.

BR

Prabhith

Message was edited by: prabhith prabhakaran