cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch jobs with status "active" but aren't really active

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 4 jobs that show up in SM37 with a status of "active", but they aren't really active.

They are from 1998, and the client & server listed no longer exist. The PIDs listed do not exist on any servers.

We have tried to cancel, delete, check status, nothing works.

Is there some way to get rid of these jobs from the system?

RSBTCDEL / RSBTCDEL2 will not work, because the jobs are active.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also tried the "Move Job to another Target System", and got the message "Failed to move job xxx" (message BT272

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn,

As the jobs are not performing any actions on the database.

You can change the status of the jobs to cancelled state by doing debugging and changing the entry in the table TBTCO directly.

Regards,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to cancel the "active" job, I get message "Error occured determining batch work process information" (Message BT241).

When I do a Check Status, it just says "1 jobs were checked and 0 jobs were corrected"

When I try to delete, it says "Job xxxx is active. The selected function cannot be performed"

We have jobs SAP_REORG_JOBS and SAP_REORG_JOBSTATISTIC running. I cannot find a standard job SAP_REORG_JOBSSTATUS mentioned in Yves reply. If this existst, can you tell me what program is being executed by the job?

We shut down / restarted one of the systems that has some of the old jobs yesterday, and the problem still exists.

We are at Basis release 702, SP 12.

I will take a look at the BP_JOB* function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your system doesn't have all the corrections for the status check. I would advice you to modify the jobs to have correct batch server names and then cancel them in SM37.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You're true it's the name of the job from notes

the program is BTCAUX07.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is returned when you select one of the jobs in SM37 and select Job -> Cancel active job? What is the version and SP level of your SAP_BASIS? You could ask your ABAP developer to write a program which uses the BP_JOB* function modules to first modify the job details and then cancel them.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lynn

If possible do the full restart system and then check the status

BR

SS

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You should schedule report SAP_REORG_JOBSSTATUS that is made to clean these kind of problems.

You can check manually the job status in SM37 by selecting the job and go in  /job/Check status

Regards

1169524 - Program for periodic status query of jobs
Former Member
0 Kudos

What it says if you select them and check status of jobs?

Regards,

Nick Loy