cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward 4.2 - Not able to create file connection in CMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to create file connection in CMC. Getting error ADM10028 when testing the connection.

Directory Path is set as \\ServerName\Folder1\Folder2

I have checked both SIA and Data Services is running under specific services account and this account has got full access to the above file system.

I am not sure what's wrong....

Please advice.

Windows 2008 Server

Data Service 4.2 SP1 Patch 3

IS 4.2 SP1 Patch 2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk for the reply.

I did check the above discussion and I have no spaces in the file path. Also I saved the connection to see if still I can access the files from IS launch pad but no luck 😞

Seems to me a bug in the product.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, but what could be worth having a look at is what the OP finally said:

"

And it was because the SIA was running under the account that had access, but the DS service was running under the local system account.  Doh!

"

Please double-check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also experiencing an issue with this. I have a meeting set up with BASIS tomorrow to hope they can provide the solution.

Should you solve your problem, please post your method!

Thanks,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Did you find the solution? I have also raised the ticket with SAP and now waiting for the response.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bods etl,

We did finally manage to get this working yesterday. I'm not sure our solution will be yours, but hopefully!

First, following the thread the Dirk linked below, we found that the Job Server had an additional service running (SIA) that may need the same permissions you give the account that is used for the Business Objects Data Services service. This was not our final solution, but since it may have fixed something as well, I thought I'd mention it.

The file-share we were trying to connect to was on a separate server from the Job Server. The change that put everything through was giving our Job Server computer account the permission to access the file share we were trying to connect to. As opposed to a personal account (say something like Global\ds_admin).

Typically we would like to only open this up to individual user accounts (such as the account we use to run Data Services) but this was the only way we could get it working. Since that server only holds our Job Server, we got the go ahead for it.

Good luck!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James for the response.

I agree the issue is related to permission to access the file share, I have created a Test folder on the file share and given access to Everyone and then it works. So this proves it's some permission issue.

Both SIA and Data Services is running under the service account and have full control to the file share. I will try giving access to Job Server Computer now..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey bods, any luck?