cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF master data transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to transfer sales organizations or other master data that is not listed in CFM1. Can one of you tell me what is the best method?

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

What essentially is your business requirement? If the object is not in CFM1 it can not be transferred using CIF to APO/SCM. The other option would be to use BW extract for transferring data from ERP to APO/SCM using the BW component within APO.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Thank you for your reply.

We are trying to setup APO DP component. We have not started using BW still. We need following characteristics for planning.

Sales organization

Plant

Ship-to

Material

I am able to transfer plant, ship-to and material using CFM1. So, now I want to bring in sales organizations also. Later we are planning to work on transaction data moving to DP using APO-BW.

Is it sounds correct. Please let me know how to bring in sales organizations across?

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Srini,

Characteristic "Sales organization" needs to be directly created in APO and use the same in your planning object structure.

As and when your BW is up, you can pull the data from R/3 to APO BW.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Murali.J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Thank you for your quick reply. It almost answered my question. But I have not found the transaction to maintain the sales organization. I am able to see the table /BI0/9APVKORG. Can you please tell me how to maintain this data?

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Srinivas,

New characteristic needs to be created through Administrator workbench of BIW (T.code: RSA1) ->Info objects->create info area (by right clicking)->create info object catalog (under info area) -> create characteristic (under info object catalog).

Once the charactristic is created, you can pull this characteristic in your planning object structure.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Murali.J

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

What Murali has mentioned here is the process to create a new Characteristic in APO for Sales Organisation. However the standard one 9AVKORG should be available in APO. The question is how to populate the Sales Org values from your ERP system to this characteristic in APO. For that you have to do a BW extract from ERP to APO system as mentioned before.

The other option - once you create the Master Planning Object Structure containing this characteristic (or some Z characteristic for Sales Org) while creating CVCs you populate the Sales Org values present in ERP.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath and Murali,

Thank you for your replies. I understand now and awarding points.

Thanks,

Srini