Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 SPS 11 - deactivate redirect from HTTP to HTTPS

nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am currently experiencing the case, that I can't call HTTP pages anymore.

Before I made the check described under SOLMAN_SETUP -> System Preparation -> 2. Check Installation -> Manual Activities -> Check Secure Web Browser Comm. (HTTPS) I was able to call SOLMAN_SETUP with HTTP and SSO worked (starting the Browser by calling transaction SOLMAN_SETUP in GUI).

After I have executed the check, I have changed nothing but to execute the check and make sure there is a working HTTPS service.

Now I am experiencing the case that if I start transaction SOLMAN_SETUP I get a browser call HTTPS. If I change the protocol and the port to HTTP it jumps directly to HTTPS. This behavior makes me think that some configurations steps have activated a force redirect from HTTP to HTTPS.

This specially gives me some headache because all other (satellite)-systems are not configured to use secured communication and the certificates are not rolled out.

Currently I can't afford the need to roll out certificates all over the landscape.

To buy me some more time:

1. How can I check if my feeling about the redirect is correct?
  2. If there is a redirect, how can I disable this so that I can work with HTTP-URLs?

I appreciate your help.

Kind regards,

Niklas Theis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
nthsol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

thanks for sour replies, but unfortunately I can't find any settings that make all HTTP requests redirect to HTTPS.

HTTP and HTTPS services are both active.

Can you help me a little more?

Regards,

Niklas

kurt_bjarnvig3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Niklas,

Perhaps this note can give You a little hint how to reverse to the HTTP setting again:

1716999 - Enable HTTPS for Solution Manager web service communications

Also check and adjust if necessary the setting for the webservice  “wd_sise_main_app”: Change the setting to “Switch to HTTP”.

In addtion to that You also might look into:

- the ACL file; if any block against HTTP has been setup

Regards,

Kurt

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niklas,

Following SAP Note might guide you -

Note 510007 - Setting up SSL on Web Application Server ABAP

Thanks

Vikram