cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vertical alignment of text fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

I stumbled over a wierd behavior of the Interactive Forms by Adobe Technology.

There are (at least) 2 possibilities for text Output:

1. Text field (filled dynamically from the Interface)
  2. Text (static)

I want to align all texts (text fields and static texts) vertically to the top. When creating an output with my form, all text fields (variant 1) are vertically centered. This does not change no matter what I configure using the LiveCycle Designer. The configuration of the layout can be seen in the following screeshots:

Text field:

Static text:

The Output can be seen in the following screenshot:

Does anyone know this behavior? It would be possible to use only static texts and Floating fields within but I don't really see this as solution to this problem.

For testing purposes I attached a test form (ZZZAF*) and an Interface (ZZZAI*) to this post.

I also found a thread in the Adobe Forum without any answer but describing exaactly my Problem: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1285509

Best regards and thanks in advance

Michael Biber

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had this problem today. Turned out my text box, in a flow layout, had a height of 5mm, while the container layout had a height of 10mm.

0 Kudos

could you check in the paragraph settings ?eraseme.png

former_member301741
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Michael,

I've run into an issue similar to this.  I have found that if my default render format is "dynamic pdf", and the print program doesn't pass in the outputparams flag for dynamic/interactive...this strange effect takes place.  If you pass in the flag, then the text appears to be correctly spaced vertically.  I have no need for dynamic pdf's, so I do static pdf's.  What I have found is that if the setting is changed to dynamic at any point...or I copy a field from a form defined as dyanmic, my static form gets the dynamic properties for all value fields and this "shifting down of values" happens.

It appears that a form can go from static to dynamic, but not in reverse.  Once a form is or was dynamic...even thought you may change the render format back to static...the fields on the form (or even creating new fields for the form) will always have the "shifted down" look.  I haven't found a way to fix this other than recreating the form from scratch and making sure the default render format is never changed from static pdf. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to find the source of the Problem. During the last upgrade the Java stack itself had been upgraded but it seems as if the Adobe Document Service had been forgotten. So we currently use a Netweaver 7.3 EhP1 SP5 together with an ADS 802.*

There is a workaround which ssems to work until we can do another upgrade:

Change the target Version of the form back to version 8, save, and Change it back to where it was before. After that the form get printed correctly.

Best regards

Michael Biber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

thank you for sharing your solution, it may have helped me with a similar problem.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

------------ english version ----------------------------------

I found another interesting fact today.

When I let the ADS create a log file I found the following warnings:

Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of XFAPresentationAgent.

Invalid version: The current version of the XFA connectionSet model exceeds the capability of XFAPresentationAgent.

Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of Acrobat / Adobe Reader 7.0.5.

Unrecognized namespace XFA 3.0, defaulting to XFA 2.1

So I think there is some problem in the backend. I tried setting the compatibilty back to the lowest possible value (Reader version 8.0, XFA 2.5).

After that the form was printed correctly! I resetted the compatibility back to Reader version 9.1 (XFA 3.0) and still the error was gone.

When checking the logs the "Unrecognized namespace"-warnings were no longer there. The other 3 warnings were still present but as the error is gone

those remaining warnings can't be the root of the problem.

Best regards

Michael Biber

------------ german version -----------------------------------

Ich habe heute wieder etwas Interessantes herausfinden können.

Ich habe den ADS ein Trace erstellen lassen, in dessen Log ich die folgenden Warnungen gefunden habe:

Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of XFAPresentationAgent.

Invalid version: The current version of the XFA connectionSet model exceeds the capability of XFAPresentationAgent.

Invalid version: The current version of the XFA template model exceeds the capability of Acrobat / Adobe Reader 7.0.5.

Ich vermutete also ein Problem im Backend. Aus diesem Grund habe ich versucht, die Kompatibiltät des Dokuments (und damit auch die verwendete XFA-Version)

auf den niedrigsten möglichen Wert zu setzen (Reader version 8.0, XFA 2.5).

Danach wurde das Dokument korrekt gerendert! Um es zu verifizieren habe ich die Kompatibilität zurück auf Reader-Version 9.1 (XFA 3.0) gestellt und noch immer

wurde das Formular korrekt gerendert.

Im Trace-Log waren die "Unrecognized namespace"-Warnungen verschwunden. Die anderen Warnungen waren noch immer vorhanden, da das Formular mittlerweile jedoch

korrekt gerendert wurde, können diese nicht direkt für die falsche Ausgabe verantwortlich sein.

Viele Grüße

Michael Biber

dominik-st
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

Did you check the border setting.

Maye they are different for text field and the static field.

Best regards

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

sorry I forgot to mention that. This is one of the first things I change after adding an object to the layout. I almost always use a zero-border at all objects.

Best regards

Michael Biber

dominik-st
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, maybe there is a different alignment.

But I guess you have checked that already...

I never used the space(? Abstand ) Fields below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For an easier communication, I will post my reply in german and in english.

Ja, das habe ich auch geprüft. Wie auch in dem Link zum Adobe-Forum beschrieben, ist es egal, welche Einstellungen ich bezüglich der vertikalen Ausrichtung für das Textfeld vornehme. Einzig der statische Text "reagiert" auf diese Einstellungen. Ergänzend sollte ich hinzufügen, dass all das nur den Druck betrifft! Wird dem Textfeld eine Beschreibung hinzugefügt und deren vertikale Ausrichtung geändert, so ist im Designer die Darstellung korrekt. Im Druck ist jedoch auch die Ausrichtung der Beschreibung falsch. Abstände oder Einzüge verwende ich ebenfalls nicht.

Um das Problem eventuell weiter eingrenzen zu können, schreibe ich nach der englischen Antwort noch einmal die verwendeten Softwareversionen.

Yes, I also checked that. As described in the posted link to the Adobe-forum it does not matter, what kind of vertical alignment is specified for the text-field. It is always printed vertically centered. The static text does "respond" to the vertical alignment specification though. Additionally I have to remark that the whole problem affects only the printed result! If there is a description to the text-field and the vertical alignment of this description is changed, it is displayed correctly in the designer but printed vertically centered. I also don't use captions or spacing.

For a better problem solving process, here the used software versions:

Client:

Operating System : Windows 7 x64

SAPGUI: 730.3.8

ALD: 9.8 Patch 3 (as I could not find the download for patch 4, which changelog does also not contain a solution for my problem)

Server:

SAP Basis 7.31 SP5 and corresponding ADS version.

Best regards / Viele Grüße

Michael Biber