cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW data in SAP Lumira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement to access BW data in SAP Lumira.

Can i directly connect to BW through SAP Lumira, I mean without taking any help of universe or BW on HANA.

And also i would like to know what are those SAP Jco connections for.

Regards

Mithilesh Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is currently not possible.  "Better BW integration" is planned per the Lumira Roadmap at https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000212382013E.pdf (SMP logon)

Not sure what you mean about Jco connections?  In Lumira?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i am not sure wether they are present in Lumira but In SAP Predictive analysis there is an option for connection 'query with SQL'.

under that there are SAP java connector.

Regards

Mithilesh Prasad

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithilesh, is there a specific reason why you don't want to use universe access, besides the fact that you cannot use BEx queries? I have put a universe on top of a multiprovider and then consumed by Lumira. It works.

The JCO connection is typically controlled by your BASIS team and developers usually do not have permission. You can ask your BASIS admin to create the connection for you.

Hope this helps.

simon

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found my notes too from BI2014:

See Figure 3 "BW is missing as a connector for Lumira.  SAP said they are working on BW support inside Lumira, but will be post SAPPHIRE"

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

At time of writing, there is no direct BW/BEx connection from Lumira. This is on the medium term roadmap.

As you rightly point out however, You can consume a Multisource BW-SQL .UNX universe from a BIPlatform, pointing to an infoprovider (cube).

it's also worth pointing out that the legacy MDX OLAP .UNV are not supported .

Regards,

H

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The only recommended and supported way to access SAP NW BW in Lumira is via UNX universe as described by Henry.

Antoine