Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to manually create shadow instance

former_member206167
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear Gurus,

I lost my system during downtime phase while updating to EHP7. I'm able to restore Database and SUM directory, but shadow instance directory is lost whith no way to restore it. Is it possible to manually create it?

Your help will be rewarded.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best solution is to restore the system before downtime. Your message is not detailed.

You mentioned i lost my system.  That mean your system just crashed  or wiped out ?

What type of  db restore you performed , cold or point in time  ? etc.

Did you fired up SUM and tried to click next or repeat etc ?

Thanks,

Hardeep

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best pratices is to restore the DB to the point just before the upgrade started, and start the SUM process from the beginning.

Regards,

MM

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

NO.

What does the SUM tool say when you launch it after restoring the database and the SUM directory ?

Regards

RB

former_member185274
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

I have to create a shadow instance manually because an error occurs in SAPupConsole.log, it says RFC login to shadow system failed. But when I check the shadow instance in /usr/sap/<SID> and found no shadow instance exists. It occurs in PHASE MAIN_SHDIMP/SUBMOD_SHD2_RUN/RUN_RSGEN. Can you help me with this? And how to restore the DB to the point just before this step started? Thank you very much.

Regards,

PP