cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to SAP Lumira cloud fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to share the data set & visulizations created in Lumira to the SAP Lumira cloud. When I try to publish to Cloud; I always get a warning message"Session could not be opened" (as attached) during logon. I have never been able to go past this.

However my Lumira cloud account is valid and I am able to successfully logon to https://cloud.saplumira,com

Please let me know the reason behind this session logon error.

Thanks,

Sreedev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First, I removed your e-mail address from the discussion as this is not allowed per SCN rules.

Second, what type of visualization are you trying to share?  Not all visualizations can be shared through the cloud.

Have you tried logging on to Lumira Cloud with your S-User account (not e-mail address)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry for providing email address.I didnt knew the rules since I am a newbie to this community.

Will take care of it going forward.

I was just trying to publish a simple dataset(excel sheet) ;that gives the error.I always get it irrespective of whatever I publish(either logon with S-ID or email-ID)

Yes. I am able to login to Lumira cloud successfully with my S-ID  as well as my email address.

Thanks,

Sreedev

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedev,

I found this SAP Note, which is related to your issue.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1995364

Unfortunately there is no solution.  Could you try other browsers, like Chrome?  I haven't had any issues with Lumira Cloud and Chrome.

Tammy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

This logon process happens within the SAP Lumira tool. I am not using any browsers here.

Pls find the error in below image.

As I said earlier;I am able to login( using IE browser) successfully to https://cloud.saplumira,com/

Thanks,

Sreedev.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point but per the SAP note SAP cannot reproduce it and there is no solution.

Perhaps try this on another machine with Lumira Desktop? 

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see this a lot :

• new Lumira Cloud account - works ok over a browser
  • new Lumira desktop install - Cloud account login doesn't work ... wrong password etc

How to solve this ? it's quite easy actually:

1. Use a browser like Chrome.
  2. access the Cloud URL . Do NOT click login (i.e. to accept the token) -> click Cancel instead .
  3. this gives you the option to enter a user/pwd manually.
  4. Click "reset password"
  5. get your new password via email.
  6. Login to cloud Manually.
  7. Login to Desktop Manually.

it will work.

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thank you for the steps. I will try this out and get back to you.

As part of our organization restriction ;only IE browser is been installed on laptops. I will raise request for Chrome and check it out.

Thanks,

Sreedev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry/Tammy,

I still face the same issue after trying the above steps using chrome,resetting password etc.

This issue has now become a showstopper of not allowing me to share visualizations with business users.Based on this PoC ; the customers are going to decide upon using Lumira as a self-service BI tool.

Please provide me any other idea on your mind to resolve it. Anyways; I am going to raise a SAP ticket on customer support for the same.

Thanks,

Sreedev

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My only other suggestion would be to try it on another machine; perhaps there is something with the computer you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried in two different systems with 1.0,1.15 Lumira desktop versions -still the issue remains . Also reset the cloud password twice & able to login to SAP lumira cloud using IE & Chrome.

I am on 30 day trial version. Is there any limitation because of that? I suppose it is not.

Thanks,

Sreedev.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There shouldn't be an issue with the trial version

Please e-mail this issue to support dot lumira at sap dot com for further assistance

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note. this is not a general problem, but one specific to your credentials.

I would hazard a guess that if 'someone else' created an account today, it would work as expect from their terminal.

If this is a licensed customer, with OSS ticket access, you really should be going that way first . If that is the case, please don't email the support inbox, that is for e-store download customers who don't have a support contract.

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem trying to upload to Lumira Cloud from my Lumira Desktop new data to existing reports on the Lumira Cloud.

going to share and publish to SAP HANA cloud.

all was working fine until last Monday and from last Friday on I keep getting this error,

:SAP cloud Check Preferences (Network Setting)(HDB11001)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see:

http://scn.sap.com/message/16520118#16520118

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedev,

It is likely you have two IDs (S-ID and a P-ID) associated with the same email address.

If you are aware of your P-ID (try to log on cloud directly and check your settings page, you should be able to find the ID there) then you can try logging on cloud from desktop using your P-ID and password.

If you want to stay with your S-ID as the primary account, let us know we can fix the ID and email association.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

We encountered same issue and this occurs not only for my laptop but also for my colleague

Is there any action we could take?

Best regards

Alex yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I tried all sorts of options - using S-ID , P-ID , Email - ID ;but no luck. Also checked the same in my system as well in a different system Windows OS.Same issue exists.

Raised a problem request with SAP tech support and following up with them by giving trace logs. Meantime;If anyone finds a solution to this issue;please respond to this thread.

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Sreedev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedev,

We raise the OSS to SAP as well and they suggest us to totally un-install 1.15.1 and reinstall this (Not upgrade from 1.15.0 to 1.15.1)

But situation has no changed in my side. I am not sure whether you tried this before

In our sie, this issue occurs from 1.15.0

If we rolled back to 1.14.0, we could connect to Lumira could without error

Best regards

Alex yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I tried reisntall on 1.15 that didnt work. But didn't try 1.14. Good to know that it worked in 1.14

I am waiting for the replies from tech support after a couple of interactions with the trace logs.If the solution provided by them doesn't work;I will try 1.14 and provide an update. Thanks.

Regards,

Sreedev

brendr
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sreedev,

I actually had the same issue - tried various things... until I came acroos Chris hint (thanks by the way) - and it works for me as well as for other colleagues - so please give it another try

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cartsen,

I am not using any proxy server in the envrionment.The option is by default disabled;which is correct.

I tried by enabling it and checking out.Still no luck. I gives a different error saying your "network connection is invalid.Check your connection".

Thanks,

Sreedev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is going to sound crazy but can you please check your Network Preference Settings to insure they are configured correctly. Path is FILE > PREFERENCES > NETWORK.

*Please make sure the configure Proxy button is checked (see image below) and that all other setting are correct.