cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I have one question regarding the export control of materials. For some materials it´s only allowed to send them in certrain value or quantity into some countries. I know that there is a possibility to enter an export license, but this is a very manuel process.

The limit of the materials (value or quantity) depends on the harmonized code and the country. If I would like to enter a new order in the retail system, could the system give me a note that I have some materials in my order which are under export control? For me its important that there is a automatically process.

BR

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven / Jörg,

One way could be to define a "dummy" licence (like "Licence Not Required") in GTS, holding a value but not being attributed by the transaction.

Then, if the order value was small, the "Licence Not Required" would always be determined and sufficient to prevent a block.  But a high-value order would cause a block due to insufficient licence value.

Would that approach work for you?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for help both. I will check the information and will let you know if i need further help.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

If I can understand you correctly, you have asked about a dialog to be given up in the Feeder( Retail) system incase any of your feeder materials requires licences.

For the above query, I want to clarify you that the licences determination in SAP GTS is automatic based on the defined parameters and only requires manual intervention in case of initial set up and Incase of any non required blocks to analysed/released.

Here, we can have two cases ,when you will create a order in the Feeder (Retail) system, These are as follows:-

• If a licence exists for product:- In this case, license will be automatically be assigned to the Material and the order will go through without any issues in the feeder and GTS systems
  • If a license doesn't exists for the material in the GTS system:- If a license doesn't exists for a particular material and that material is included in some order in the feeder system , then since no license exists in this case, hence the concerned order will be blocked for subsequent processing in the feeder system. In this case, a dialog will appear once the order is saved displaying the legal control block. For this, you can analyse the block or if required also release it in the GTS system to carry on your transaction.

I guess, I have already cleared the air to a great extent. Incase of any further queries, please let me know it.

Regards,
Aman