cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB not able to start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am having trouble start SAP AS JAVA. The error message in the log files(dev_jstart) is :

"Node 'bootstrap' failed with exit code 556."

Then I went to check the db log files and in appldiag i noticed the following error :

"Wrong file or device name ''sapdb\<dbinstance>data\wrk\.global.cfg"

Indeed, when i went to the specified location, I was not able to find the file. I tried to restart the maxdb service and It was not able to start.

Also when I tried to execute db_state in dbmcli with the database name it kept giving me the error host name not found. But I am using the correct database name. I even checked it with db_enum. Also, even though the maxdb service is with state "starting", when I run db_enum the database is shown as "running". How can that happen?

I am new with maxdb so I will appreciate any help towards discovering what could be wrong.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards,

Mariya Stancheva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please check that the Database volume are not full? You can check this in admin mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thank you for your response. Can you please provide more information on how to check the db volume? On the hdd itself there is plenty of space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

logon to the database using database manager GUI and on the initial screen you should be able to see the log area and data area. Check whether they are full?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil Bujade,

Thank you for your advice. Indeed the log area was full and this is why I was having issues.

Have a great week!

Best regards,

Mariya Stancheva

Answers (0)