cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to MDM Synchronus call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a requirement where the data has to flow from webservice to MDM.

Webservice is being triggered by some powercenter jobs and the data needs to be loaded in MDM via PI.

Once the data reaches the MDM, The webservice is expecting the response of message delivery status(Success/ failed) from PI.

But as the MDM is Async system. it doesn't send any response message to PI.

Can you tell me how to handle this requirement in PI.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi,

the only way to do this is developing an EAR using MDM's Java or C# API. You can deploy that on PI and have it execute your query. Since it is an EAR and since the API is naturally direct MDM access you can execute sync calls to MDM. You can develop in NWDS. I wouldn't recommend it for high volume scenarios, though, since API performance is not that good.

Regards,

Jörg

Inhaki, MDM is different.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

I have never worked with MDM, but i dont understand the term "Asynchronous System". As far as i know MDM is developed in the SAP Netweaver platform, then you can develop a Z RFC or inbound proxy in order to make a synchronous communication. Inside this Z code you can store the data in Z tables or interact with the MDM in asynchronous way if you want it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

You can create and publish your wsdl sync scenario, and PI must know when the MDM system has the data inserted, then PI response will inform that the records have been inserted. It's like a scenario against a DDBB or an AS400

Regards.