cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Audit Objects Views of SAP BI Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have BO 4.1 SP1 and use MSSQL database to keep the audit logs and the default MSSQL unx provided by SAP. On CMC, we have the FULL auditing enabled and thus we can see the login count of users with date/time and client application type fine.

The problem starts when we want to report the statistics of which reports (and dashboards etc.) are used the most. I use the the measure [VIEW Event Duration - sum] with the dimension of [Object Name] and it shows only the reports accessed from web. I can see the login count of SAP BI Mobile client application type however, the view event duration and the object of that event is missing.

Just to make sure, I created two different queries on webi and made two separate blocks to avoid correlation, however the SAP BI Mobile viewed object logs are somehow not kept or can't be accessed.

Has anyone seen this before? May the servers that handling the mobile part be not capable of keeping objects' audit logs?

(I just couldn't attach the default MSSQL auditing universe provided by SAP due to forum restrictions. Sorry!)

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is somewhat resolved. It appears the code below was in the SQL of the webi query although there were no visible filters on the query panel.

WHERE

( "BOAudit2"."dbo".ADS_EVENT.Event_Type_ID=1002  )

The interesting part is, I had added this filter one time and removed when I first made this report. However, this piece of code seems to stuck in the SQL panel. The data shows up when I remove and refresh and disappears on the next refresh until I remove this code again.

I guess this is a bug which I won't bother to report 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emre,

I'm having the exact same issue but with a DB2/UDB database.

If I lookup the information in the database (bypassing the universe) I can see entries logged for Mobile view. They just don't show up when I try to look them up using the universe.

The thing that I don't understand in your answer is why you were surprised by having the code "ADS_EVENT.Event_Type_ID=1002" in your SQL. You shopuld expect it since you're querying "VIEW" acivity which has the id 1002.

Removing it from the query will return all other activity from Mobile app and not just view.

I think it's a bug with the universe but would appreciate a clarification from your side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anyone have a solution for this? The event doesn't seem to be tracked in the Audit database at all when view the document from the Mobile App.

Thanks

rs

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.