Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find 12,13 and 15 character products for 10 char product

former_member1114079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I Hope  you are doing good.

I am unable to find solution for the given below,Its very urgent.

I have to find the 10 character products first. For every 10 chars product i have to find all the 12,13 and 15  chars product.for example

0010101213---10 chars product

0010101213S21---13 chars product

0010101213B1225--15 chars product

We can see the products in customs mgmnt->master data->maintain products->display.

It is very urgent, any solution will be appreciated.

Thank you In Advance.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Your question is very unclear.  Are you talking about products transferred from an SAP Retail system?  Or something else?

In any case, why do you want to find all related products?  Please let us know your intended process - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

former_member1114079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave and Aman,

Really Thank you very much for your reply.

Explaining question more clear here.

Every product will have classification right! That is happening the same here that is , I have a object  saying that 10 chars product will have some grouping{(Ex: ABCD Z) (this can be seen in the path sap menu legal->customs mgmnt->master data->maintain products->display->legal control tab)} ,for this 10 char prroduct i have to find 12,13 and 15 char products first(for example

0010101213 ---10 chars product

0010101213B1225--15 chars product ) and then check the grouping for these 12,13 and 15 products.

After that if there is no grouping for these 12,13 and 15 products, i have to assign 10 char product grouping to all three types of products.

that is the main requirement.

If not ths is clear please let me know.

My qyestion here is

1) how to find 12,13 and 15 chars product for a 10 char product for example

0010101213 ---10 chars product

0010101213B1225--15 chars product
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Anand
former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

No, that doesn't clarify the question for me at all - sorry.

Why should products with different length codes be related?  Is it because you are using the SAP Retail system as a feeder, and the short codes are generics? (Yes or No?).

In any case, if you run the classification work-list, the products will appear in product number order, so the grouping will already be correct for you, won't it?

What do you mean by "I have to check the grouping", and "I have to assign10 char product grouping"?

Regards,

Dave

former_member1114079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Dave,

Thank you.

We are using all are SD related feeder systems.

Actually, i have to develop a program which will run in the background and runs two times a day.

This is going to assign the classification or grouping to the 12,13 and 15 chars products which are related to 10 chars products.

this is the reason why i am looking to get the logic to find so.

I hope this is clear,if not please let me know.

Regards,

Anand

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Ok.  From what you have said, I understand that you are a developer, and that you want to write a program to copy classification from generic to specific Products in GTS.

In that case, select the Product entries from table /SAPSLL/PNTPR.  If the 10-digit Product has already been classified, then you can find the classification in table /SAPSLL/PRCTS using the field GUID_PR.  Copy that entry for each of the related Products, generating a new key GUID_PRCTS for each entry using Function Module GUID_CREATE.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I hope you are asking this wrt.  GTS system.

The solution to the above query will involve the use of MS excel along with the SAP GTS  Table /sapsll/pntpr. First , try to find out the all the 10 Character products by taking a dump from the above mentioned table and refining it with excel sheet. Then, you can try to find the 13 AND 15 Character products related to the above 10 Character Products with the use of Wildcard "*" symbol after your 10 Character Products name in the above mentioned table and then refining 13 or 15 Character Products with the help of excel sheet again.

I hope this was the required stuff. For more, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Aman