cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Error Files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts!

Out of multiple files, how to monitor or track the exact error file?

Kindly suggest me the solution.

With Regards,

Sahil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One more addition: In case you have file format errors, you will not be able to see the messages in message monitoring. My approach above can help you in identifying the file which had errors apart from format ones.

For your case, you can set option for storing error files in an error folder in the Sender Comm. Channel.

It will store all such format error files there which can be manually checked.

On top of it, if you want notifications for such errors in real time, you will have to configure alerts to capture file format errors.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can you please tell me how to store those file formatting error messages??

Thanks

Sahil

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

You cannot store the messages. You can store the problematic files in another error folder in case such situation comes. The setting is just like how you set archive folder for successful messages in sender communication channel.

Below is the standard SFA setting. It tells you how you set an error folder.

Configuring the Sender File Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

To archive source files where a permanent error occurred during processing, select Archive Source Files with Errors.

A permanent error occurs either during the conversion of the file content, or in a module in the module processor.

More information: Adding MessageTransformBean in the Module Processor

• Specify the Error Archive Directory.
  • To add a time stamp to the archived file, select Add Time Stamp.

Regards,

Abhishek

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

From what I understood, you are processing multiple files in sender adapter and you see some error messages saying more fields were provided in one of the file against the defined field in FCC. You want to know which file exactly had this error (can be 1 error record in that file or multiple error record).

In this case, I would suggest you activate dynamic configuration for the Filename. By doing this, you can identify which file had the error. Go through blogs/wiki to understand how we activate Dynamic Configuration (ASMA).

Once you have the filename in place, you can go to message monitor, open the error message and check in the tab 'Message Content'. You will find dynamic configuration there and after opening it, you will be able to see the filename. Later, you can go back and check for that file in your Archive and rectify/reprocess. This will help you in backtracking.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Experts!

The error is as follows:

ERROR in configuration / structure 'Header.': More elements in file csv structure than field names specified!

As i know what is the above error, my doubt is how to track the exact filename?

With Regards,

Sahil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Can you elaborate your issue a little more, share scenario details and error screen shot if possible.

Thanks,

Krupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sahil,

Do you have mutiple files or just one and in that file there is a line that is giving an error?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jannus,

We have multiple files and we have 2 lines out of which 2nd is giving error.

Thanks & Regards,

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

If you have multiple files then some of them should process successfully. And only the one with line issues should give errors.

Would you like to know how to find the error in the file that failed in PI?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

As i said you, i knew what the error is. But my doubt is how to find the exact filename which containing the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the number of fields in the data type for header and number of fields you have specified in comm channel for fcc and their fixed length if you have specified.

Please send the screen shot if issue is not resolved .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahil,

Go to messages monitoring to the failed message and go under details. If the PI system has been setup correctly then you should be able to see the filename of the file that failed.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

At message monitoring, i'm able to see all the successful messages but not the error messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

On what version of PI are you on?

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please go to the following link below.

At the link go to message monitoring. -> Adapter Engine -> Database(Overview)

And click Display.

http://"Your server name":50000/rwb/index.jsp

Please send me a screenshot of the overview.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can see error file in message monitoring by specifying the correct time range .Screen shot attached .You can see there are four messages in error .

Thanks.