cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Pricing data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

We have a requirement to fetch pricing data from an external source on run time. Basically pricing data will be maintained outside of SAP.

Has anyone attempted this feat?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can put your logic into condition value formula (or to requirement routine) for your condition type and determine the value (or rate) of your condition from external system.

Make sure you think about error handling (what if external system is not responding... we made the order incomplete in this case).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siarhei,

Thanks for your response. Sounds like you did something similar at your implementation. I was curious if anyone did this at all in the first place.

Also, I noticed that you assign the requirement routine at the access sequence level.

Can you please let me know where you could assign the condition value formula? Is it directly associated to the condition type by specifying calcualtion type G. But where is the code for the formula.

PS: I am not a configurator. So excuse my line of questioning.

Thanks again for your response.

- Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

routines are assigned at pricing procedure level (AltCTy, AltCBV),

yes, you may assign requirements in pricing procedure (more generic) and in the access sequence (each access may have it's own routine).

If you have limited knowledge of config - you just have to work with your analyst to make sure all details are covered since pricing is really sensitive area... especially you need to think about performance issues you may cause, as pricing routines are invoked really often.

Answers (0)