Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice call from PCo; FaultException: Authorization fail

former_member202208
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am making a ME Webservice call from PCo.

I have configured Destination System, added a service in Configuration tab.

Using 'Test request message', i tested the call with all required inputs, the object is created in ME system.

When the same service is triggered from PLC > PCo, the call fails and i see the following message in Log tab.

UserName/password is correct..

All the required systems are running.

Log:

ME Dispatcher Could not dispatch Message [id = 75c405c5-24d4-4f70-b19a-87f6b6ae0413].

FaultException: Authorization failed. Please check security log for details.

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WSDestination.WSDestination.Send(Guid notificationID, Dictionary`2 requestValues)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.WSDestination.WSDestination.Send(NotificationMessage message)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Dispatcher.ProcessMessage(NotificationMessage message, DestinationBase destination)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Dispatcher.DispatchMessageExecute(Message message, Boolean unlockMessage, Boolean& stopDispatcher)

Am I missing anything?

Version:

ME: 6.1.4.9

PCo:  2.3

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the ME Webservice has a User ID element then that User ID must be the same as the User ID that is authenticating the web service.  You cannot use SITE_ADMIN to authenticate the web service and pass a different User ID to record the web service activity.

Regards, Steve

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shridhar, I guess you can  use use different user for authentication and user data inside XML request.

In MII, I have used MESYS for authentication and other user name inside the request XML. But you need to make sure user name inside XML has ME_Integrator role.

<me:UserId>USERID</me:UserId>

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hari