cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Bill-to-party in order header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I have one issue with creating orders in SAP.

Our conditions (discounts, markup) are configured (vk11) on Bill-to-party partner (standard is Sold-to-party).

When we now change the Bill-to-party in Header=>Partners there is no action on that event.

What I want to have is, that when Bill-to-party is changed, a new pricing should be triggered and conditions discounts and/or markups should be refreshed on that Bill-to-party.

Does someone have an idea? User-exit, some coding examples?

Thx in advance

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The screen shot shared by you shows the same code both for Sold to and other partner functions.  This being the case, I am not sure, for what combination, the pricing condition record is maintained.  Nevertheless, if system is considering Bill To, then already some exit is in place where you can add the logic such that whenever Bill To is changed, accordingly, the pricing should also be changed.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

picture just shows where we change the Bill-to-party number to a different one.

I know that a user-exit has to used.

Question is:

1.) which one?

2.) how to compare Bill-to-party numbers?

Thx.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was my mistake that I indicated if the system is considering price based on Bill-To, then user exit must be in place which is wrong.  SAP has provided an option to maintain pricing based on different partner functions.  For this, in pricing access sequence, create a new table by copying the standard 005.  There add the field KUNRE to field catalogue so that system will consider pricing based on Bill To.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of going for enhancement--ask your user to change the partners first at sales order after entering sold to party and

ask them to enter the materials later.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your response.

Often it's that way, that the one creating the offer/order doesn't know anything about the bill-to-party.

The partner will be changed later on in the order process.

Sometimes the SAP offer/order will be created via CRM, which means the responsable person will have to change the partner bill-to-party later on as well.

Thx.

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Wolf,

This suggestion can be utilized only if the number of documents on which BP partner function are changed are less as it requires manually work.

If the end user is changing the partner function manually then ask them to "update" the pricing i.e. "carry out new pricing" manually as well when ever they make changes to the BP partner function in the sales order.

If this is a frequent occurrence then maintain a code in USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE (not sure this is the correct userexit), the code works while saving the sales document and checks if the BP has been changed and if yes, carries out new pricing automatically.

However this suggestion will only work if you have condition records maintained based on BP.

Regards

Naveen K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolf,

If I understand you correctly, Generally the orders will be created by system and later during order processing the BP will be changed (if required).

Since this changing of BP is manual activity, based on the frequency of requirement to change the BP, you can take any 1 of the options from below

1. If this is a rare activity, ask the user to manually update the pricing

2. if this is frequent, then you can get the ABAP code in Include MV45AFZZ ( exit : SAVE DOCUMENT PREPARE) to do a update of pricing.

Few points to remember:

1. The update option B will calculate full pricing again i.e. in case Taxes or Discounts have changed in between the days that SO was logged and when it is being processed, the new taxes or discounts will be applicable. Check how it suits your scenario.

2. In case the earlier identified pricing is also on BP then it is fine, else you may need to check that the access sequenc for the BP should be higher-up as compared to any other access so that during update it is the one that gets picked.

Also please check that the accesses should have EXCLUSIVE check marked else mutliple values for same condition may get picked.