cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to change material in the Item Detail of VA02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a strange issue that I cannot change the Material field (VBAP-MATNR) in the "Item Detail" of a Sales Order. I checked another system which is also ECC 606, it can change.

Can anybody tell me where can this be configured or enhancement is needed?

Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

This is standard Behaviour, when you save the sales order, Material number field will be greyed out

If you want to keep it editable , you have to change it in screen layout  

check with your ABAPer to enable this using user exits  MV45AFZZ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Danny,

previous it is editible and now it is showing error ,this may happens some times due to patch updation or in one sale order this type of error you are facing means , deltet that line item and try to create new line item ,this my happen some times due inconsistence  of sales order.

check any business validation is there or not according to the business process ?

In previous sales order also it is non editble and now you want to edit that feild in va02 , do some changes as per the Santosh kumar reply .

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If partial delivery / billing has happened for any line item, that line item would become non-editable.  Check in your case, whether any partial delivery is made for that line item.  Otherwise, I feel, you can very well change the material code unless some exit is (may be MV45AFZZ) in place.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksh,

Could you tell me how to check if partial delivery/billing has happened for a SO? I am not very familiar with SD.

Thanks a lot!

Danny

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the document flow if any subsequent document created for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laksh,

Yes, I checked in another system, it is showing as what you said: if the status is "Not delivered" then the material field is editable, if it is "fully delivered" then not editable.

But it's so strange that in my system, no matter the status is "Fully delivered" or "not delivered", that field is not editable.

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select that line item and press F5.  If you are able to see any subsequent document, you can conclude, subsequent activity was carried out.  Else, share the screen shot of the document flow

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no matter the status is "Fully delivered" or "not delivered", that field is not editable

Then in that case, some exit is in place.  Take the help of ABAPer and recheck the sale order in debug mode if you are not familiar with this.

G. Lakshmipathi