Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does my role as a SAP SECURITY ADMIN dfiffre frm upgrade n implementati

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gurus ,

i am new to this Security i just want to know how does my role as a security admin differ ..in a implementation project and in a upgrade project ........pls answer this ..............n can i get any doc abt the tables n the objects .............related to security ....................... any links or docs u can mail me at san_dynamic17@yahoo.co.in

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

As a Security Consultant your job starts from Role naming convention, Find out SOD conflicts, Design of roles, users, documenting security Strategy, etc...

Please visit www.sapsecurityonline.com to get some information on SAP Security.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

A few inputs from my end....

Implementation --> starting from role naming conventions to role design,sod conflicts, master child relations and documentation.

Upgrade --> If from 4.0 versions to higher versions then its something similar where we convert profiles to Roles and then redesign them to SOD conflicts..

But in case of higher upgrades then the java component access and the segregation of duties for these components as well have to be considered...

Hope it helps...

Vbr,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

As a Security Consultant your job starts from Role naming convention, Find out SOD conflicts, Design of roles, users, documenting security Strategy, etc...

Please visit www.sapsecurityonline.com to get some information on SAP Security.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh