cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Sync-Async bridge(RFC to File) scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario id RFC to file synchronous scenario.Following the below link, I configured everything and its working fine. I am working on SAP PI 7.31 Dual Stack.

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/henrique/2007/08/02/syncasync-scenarios-without-bpm

As mentioned in the above link, I created the file with Message Id as file name and correlating with the message id(Using WaitResponse and Notify beans).Its working fine. But I don't want the file name to be as Message Id. Then in that case, please suggest me how can I correlate the request and response messages.What are the possible ways of doing it.

Thanks,

Madhurima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is not a best way, just what you need to archive, take the file name as you mentioned is not the best practice, so you can use another parameter provided by SAP.

To evaluate the following attributes in the PI message header, set the corresponding indicators:

○  File Name (technical name: FileName)

○  Directory (technical name: Directory)

○  File Type (technical name: FileType)

○  File Encoding (technical name: FileEncoding)

do any of them are good for you?

Rdgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I got the soIution. I am setting the file name as correlation id in File Receiver Communication Channel(Using Dynamic Configuration bean and file name is checked in ASMA configuration).And the same file is read by the File Sender CC and setting the file name as correlation id using Dynamic Configuration bean so that the correlation is happening with the filename and sync-async communication is working fine with that correlation.

Thanks,

Madhurima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect then Madhurima, Could you close the Question?

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhurima,

RFC to file? so the receiver is a File adapter, right? You can cofigure the cc according to the name you need,

Dynamic file name and directory in Receiver File Adapter - summary of possibilities - Process Integr...

Regards.