Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Use of active directory userid/password authentication instead of SAP R/3 User/Password for digital signature?

Dear all,

I am looking to setup the use of active directory userid/password authentication instead of SAP R/3 User/Password for digital signature. We SSO to the backened ABAP AS via an SAP NW Portal to which SPNEgo kerberos authentication is setup. Today we specify R3 user id/password to digitally approvae a lot release. The idea is to have users maintain one AD password and don't have to remember the R/3 password anymore and also our Security team to avoid password maintenance.

I know there are 3 options for digital signature and

System signature with authorization by user ID and password (We use this currently)

Digital User signature with verification - (We would like to use this with AD userid/password, so the system still ask the users their AD userid/password for the authentication when they try to "sign" a document.)

User signature without verification

Do you think there is a way to configure the system in order to ask and check the active directory userid/password instead of SAP R/3 password? Where can I found documentation about it ?

I have several different versions of AS ABAP starting from NW 7.02 to NW 7.31.

My active directory is based on Windows 2008.

Thanks in advance!!

Dhee

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question