Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM Extraction method - what should be used

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert zone,.

I am currently going through a task, which has the below systems in place.

source: a crm system that has 300 outlet worth of data. each outlet/store has 200k registered members/customers.

Objective: pull/extract only 20 outlet/store wise member/customer data into the target.

Time reduction will not work here, as all the 300 outlet/store member data is loaded into the source system in a single day.

Wondering if someone can shoot down the steps along with the method to accomplish the task successfully.

Thanks,

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Vineetha,

Looking at the number of customers (300 X 200K = 60 Million) customers(BP's), your system seems like quite big.

Is it your production system you are talking about or is it a copy of production/quality system?

Could you please tell me what is the DB size.

What all modules of CRM have been implemented in your system? For eg: Sales, Marketing, Service etc?

Could you please tell me if CRM utilities is also implemented and its version?

If your objective is pull data for (20outlet X 200K = 4 million) customers(Business partners), then TDMS provides object based(BP based) data reduction of CRM utilities system.

What it means is that the data(Billing, order contracts etc) pertaining Only to the BP's willl be pulled from source system.

Please note that you also need to specify the data slice data in TDMS CRMU solution.

Some of the CRM data will be reduced based on date.

The combination of BP reduction and Date reduction will result in a consistent target system.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it.

Yes our system is pretty big. DB size is around 6- 10TB.

We have CRM Loyalty Management, and no other module is in place. 

Production system is having 500+ stores that will be more.

Yes, the source system in this case is the Dev system which is loaded with 300 store member data.

I know all the tables being used to store the membership information/members, services, etc..

You said we can pull using BP's,. am sure we can also use the number ranges to pull specific records. or if there is a way to extract the data by warehouse type, that would be awesome.

I know the outlet/store numbers..

V.

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

What if I want to extract member/customer data from specific outlet/store numbers..??

Is there a way.. I know the Outlet/store numbers..

0 Kudos

Hi Vineetha,

If i understand correctly, you have CRM loyalty management coupled with SAP POS.

What i understand is that there is SAP Retail system and there is SAP CRM.

Please correct my understanding.

We do have TDMS Retail solution where we do reduction based on below.

1) Store/Site(In retail terminology)

2) Customer number

3) Date

In case you have to talk to us to understand more of TDMS Retail, TDMS CRM, TDMS CRMU solutions or even explain your set up, please create an OSS message. We will set up a call with you and your team.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Created an OSS Message.. how do you know if its created from our company?

Do you want to look into it?

0 Kudos

Hi Vineetha,

Thanks for the OSS message. I've replied to it asking for email ids, to send MR. Please reply to the message.

We will further communicate through message.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Did not hear back from you.

Appreciate if you could guide me through the right template that would help me to extract the member/membership data from loyalty management application of CRM, by warehouse/store number wise.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

Sorry for delay in my response in SCN. As i understand, our product team has gotten in touch with you.

Request you to take the discussion forward.

For CRM data reduction, TDMS provides date criteria. TDMS CRM does not reduce CRM loyalty management data, which means that the data in these tables will be fully copied across from sender to receiver system.

We do have TDMS Retail solution where we do reduction based on below.

1) Store/Site(In retail terminology)

2) Customer number

3) Date

Let me know if i have answered your question.

Best Regards,

Madhavi

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I am working with your team, to get this going forward.

Regards,

V.

Answers (0)