cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need PLM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all!

Have a question in regards to PLM. Everything I have been reading on the threads refers to quality, project, engineering and change management. I think this may be overkill for what we are looking to do. I will describe the type of functionality we are looking for and hopefully you all might be able to point me to the correct area.

What I am looking to do is to manage and report on a Material as it works its way from development through its end of life. I was envisioning a field (maybe on the material master) that identified the stage of a material's life, and, based on this field, would drive additional functionality. For example, when product is set to "in development" it could not be manufactured or sold (blocks). Those blocks could be lifted when it is set to "In line". Or when a material is set to "out of line" functionality would be available to drive reporting to help us relieve remaining stock. Then "end of life" would place blocks back on.

I realize that there are a number of material master fields that could support the above, but I was hoping functionality existed to aggregate it around a materials stage of life.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Basically you r looking for a STATUS MANAGEMENT ("In Development" , "In Line" , "Out of Line" ) on material master which is unfortunately not available, but this would be possible through a long process, you need to link DIR with Material Master as Document Information Record has the status managment and can be control through ECM or without ECM.

<b>Note:</b> Here in DIR you can define the statuses as per your requirement and can be controlled easily as well as can be used for Reporting purpose even.

OR

If your material has a BOM, then BOM header material can be controlled through BOM Statuses (U can define the status as per your requirements)

Hope i have understood your question,

Regards

Rehman

Reward if its useful

Answers (0)