cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for modify an Inspection Plan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in a project where we want that not all users can modify an inspection plan, maybe modify values from inspection characteristics, but they won't be able to erase an operation from a inspection plan created before.

How can i do it?

I already tried with transaction PFCG with the Q_ROUT ,I put  the activity only 02 modify. But it is not working. And also there is a user assigned  but it seems that is not working?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe you can control the inspection plan security at the operation header level.  You can control the ability to edit the characteristics in plan, (i.e. the line above the one you expanded).  You can also control access to tasks lists and various types of task lists.  But I don't think you can block the deletion of an operation.

You can create reference operations but I think these work the opposite of what  you want.  The reference operation can be added/deleted to a plan, but regular users can't make changes to the characteristics in a reference operation.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

This point in customizing with SAP HELP,

Indicator: Authorization check for deletion active

You use this indicator to specify that a user requires deletion

authority for the relevant task list for the following activities:

o   Delete task list

o   Change deletion flag for task list

o   Delete sequence

o   Delete operation or phase

If you do not set this indicator, the user only needs change authority

to carry out these activities for the relevant task list type.

When reading this help from SAP i though that was possible, i don't know, maybe is not possible to arrive to this level. Then this point is more to get a restriction to enter a transaction??

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could be very wrong on this so please try in the security forum with this.

Thanks for the second screen shot.  I totally forgot all about that. Having never needed to block operation deletions, i never tried that.  I would agree that looks like it should work as you expected.  Have you checked in OSS?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried something but my SAP knowledge is more like an intermediate level, so i am kind of lost with the oss, i have found one OSS note that can maybe help me with this situation

311356 - Missing authorization check for deleting task list

I am going to put the thread on the security forum, is just security forum??

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

I came over this note a while ago when a user accidentally deleted a task list (or better said: marked it for deletion).. for preventing this the flag should work quite well.

For operations I haven't tried it either.

Regards

MH

Answers (0)