cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dns_unresolved_hostname

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got a problem with my solution manager as I can not get /nsolman_workcenter to work.

My system landscape looks like this:

A: myself

B: saprouter 1

C: saprouter 2

😧 solution manager

so I have a cascade of saprouters.

I (A) connect to D via SAP Logon with a saprouter-string. I can successfully login and use transactions but if I try to use /nsolman_workcenter I get

Network Error (dns_unresolved_hostname)

Your requested host "full qualified host name" could not be resolved by DNS.

When I try to connect to D only with direct IP-Adress of D I get the same error.

The weird thing is that every system (A, B, C, D) can ping each other and resolve hostnames. nslookup also confirms this.

How can this be? This error messages makes no sense for me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happen if you ping the server name? also checks in transaction SMICM -> Services, for correct https and http ports and check if are active.

Additional,  adds in hosts file the following line (in client machine)

<ip addres>     <host name>     <hostname.domain.corp>

remember that ip addresses is not supported for the http-https communication

Regards.

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

meanwhile my web dispatcher finally works. I can connect to the web interface and so on.

I do not want users to have to change anything on their pc. there are cases where the users just are not able to do it (missing permission, do not know about hosts and even then not able to, ..) and sadly it would require too many people to have to manually do it, which I want to avoid.

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, if you don´t have a domain server to resolve the hosts names, is much manual effort.

Regards.

Fernando.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Damn it. I am sorry but I made a mistake..

Using SAP Logon I enter HOSTNAME of my server where solution manager is running. HOSTNAME is not in my hosts file and thus can not be pinged or mapped. I can still connect because of my 2 saprouters and their respective hosts file. The aim here is to provide customers with an hostname but not with IPs.

I can connect fine with no problems as mentioned in OP. Only /nsolman_workcenter makes problems as it looks like solution managers expects an IP/hostname mapping from my machine instead of the machine where it is running. Is this changable? Or is there another solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So SolMan can't resolve your IP address? And how did you enter your SolMan's hostname in hosts file? Maybe you should add hostname after FQDN. I'm a bit confused now...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution manager works fine as long as I do not use internet requests like solman_workcenter for example.

My servers where my saprouters are running have configured hosts file.

The user should be able to access solution manager without altering his hosts file. This is done by SAPgui, SAProuter-String and my two saprouters. First of all I connect to saprouter1 which in turn has only one hosts entry which points me to saprouter2. saprouter2 knows where all my different sap-systems are, so the hosts-file on my server where saprouter2 is running has a big hosts-file. Lastly I am on solution manager and can work just fine except for /nsolman_workcenter not working.

The goal is to build up a way where a user does not have to add entries to his/her hosts file so no fully qualified host names for the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use a virtual ICM name and assign it to the mentioned parameter, then add this hostname to your SolMan's IP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I am completely new to SAP and this stuff..

How do I use a virtual ICM name? How do I add it (where, which command,. ..)?

How to I assign it to which parameter? SAPLOCALHOSTFULL?

How do I add it to solmans IP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

An alternative would be to set icm/host_name_full to a DNS alias in transaction RZ10 / DEFAULT.PFL (it's better to set the parameter in SAP and not by editting your profiles with text editor). Let's say your SolMan's FQDN is solman.company.local, you could set this to solman-work.company.local and add a DNS alias which will be NATted to the SolMan's IP. After restart of the ICM, all ICM URLs will be http(s)://solman-work.company.local:80$$.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your suggestions. They were implemented but I still get an network error (dns_unresolved_hostname).

What I really do not get is: all other transactions work but http transactions like /nsolman_workcenter do not.

If I were to add dns mapping and a dns server to my network settings it works no problem but this is something I can not.

What I am wondering about is the fact that SAP does not seem to have this problem. For support reasons they also use saprouter etc. to connect to our system and I highly doubt they have added our companies dns server or changed their hosts file.

Could it be that the error in itself is wrong and it is not a dns problem and something entirely different because other transactions also work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLMAN_WORKCENTER is a classic transaction that launches a Web Dynpro for ABAP application ( AGS_WORKCENTER), you need to use Web Dispatcher.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I finally got web dispatcher working and I can access my web interface of my sap-system.

If I use solman_workcenter I still get my dns problem. What settings do I have to set in web dispatcher for workcenter to work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure table HTTPURLLOC in Solution Manager so that URLs are generated to point to Web Dispatcher instead of the ICM host name which is inaccessible from outside.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I get that and I also found HTTPURLLOC table in solution manager but how does such an entry looks like? Can you post me an example, maybe based on my setting?

What information do I have to enter where in my HTTPURLLOC exactly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the application help for an example and adapt to your environment (host name of the first Web Dispatcher, ICM host name).

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes! I got to th logon screen. one step closer. but sadly I now get this error:

Protocol cannot be switched to HTTPS; HTTPS is not configured/active

No switch to HTTPS occurred, so it is not secure to send a password

For my SAP-system this parameter was already in my profile: icm/server_port_2 = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=80$$,TIMEOUT=240,PROCTIMEOUT=600

and parallel to that I included this parameter to the WD profile: icm/server_port_2 = PROT=HTTPS,HOST=show-router01,PORT=81$$

so effectively the HTTP and HTTPS port for my sap-system is 8000 and for WD it is 8100. Do I have to take addtional actions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default ICF services are configured to switch from HTTP to HTTPS in case basic authentication is performed. If you test any ICF service within the internal network, bypassing Web Dispatcher, do you get the same warning? If so, there is something wrong with the SSL setup of your SAP system. Once you can use HTTPS of your SAP system, HTTPURLLOC needs to be configured for both HTTP and HTTPS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, if I connect directly with IP-adress to my sap-system I still get that error.

What could be wrong with SSL and how can I fix it? Missing parameter or wrong parameter?

I tried to configure HTTPURLLOC with HTTPS but it does not work because I still get the same error

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's hard to say, the most common error with SSL setup is that there is no server certificate. Is the port correctly initialized? Check in transaction SMICM -> Services and also the trace file. If you need help enabling SSL, create another discussion thread in the correct space but I would recommend you to first search for existing documents, discussion threads, etc. since it has been discussed many times before.

former_member190691
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checks this document:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14617

1. The license must be installed in ABAP and JAVA.
  2. The follow parameters are set in the instance profile:  

ssf/name = SAPSECULIB 

ssf/ssfapi_lib = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB>

sec/libsapsecu = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB>

ssl/ssl_lib = <Path and file name of the SAPCRYPTOLIB> 

icm/server_port_X = PROT=HTTPS,PORT=<Port number of the HTTPS log>

3. Check transaction STRUST

4. Check transaction SMICM

5. Visual Admin -> Cluster-> Server...-> Services-> SSL Provider.

Regards.

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed SSL etc.

In SMICM HTTPS did not show as active but I could solve this because there was a port clash. HTTP and HTTPS parameter in instance profile of solution manager had the same port number. After assigning HTTPS another one 70$$, HTTPS is shown as active.

I configured HTTPURLLOC for HTTPS with 7000 as portnumber (00 is my instance number).

Unfortunately, I get "This program cannot display the webpage" error.

What should I do now please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one?

/nSE80 - Internet Transaction Server manually setting to HTTP does not work

SSL installed and working

HTTPS and HTTP port do not crash(different port number set in instance profile of solution manager)

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, FROM=*, FROMPROT=http, PROT=https, HOST=PROD-SHOW-S71 set in instance profile of solution manager as well as in WD. not helping

login/create_sso2_ticket = 2

login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1

set in default profile of solution manager

in WD instance profile: wdisp/add_client_protocol_header=true and

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 =PREFIX=/, FROM=*,FROMPROT=http, PROT=https,HOST=show-router01 set, not helping

HTTPURLLOC configured according to parameters in WD and solution manager instance profiles and this site: Scenario 3: Direct Communication and Communication Through a Reverse Proxy - Business Server Pages -...

SICF and disabling switch to HTTPS and marking do not show warning message; not yet tried waiting for approval but it looks like I did everything google and this forum advised and only for my case it is not working. My goal to use workcenter without modifying hosts file must be extraordinary, at least this is what it looks to me. no one else attempting the same or I could not find it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure table HTTPURLLOC in Solution Manager so that URLs are generated to point to saprouter1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please explain further?

I dont get why URLs should point to saprouter1? saprouter1 only points all connections to saprouter2 and then to my sap-system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant to write that you need to configure table HTTPURLLOC in Solution Manager so that URLs get generated to point to a Web Dispatcher, not saprouter. If I remember correctly you were previously asking about setting up cascading Web Dispatchers, I didn't even realize you were talking about saprouters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes you are right. In fact I am tasked to set up a cascade of saprouter and sap web dispatcher.

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do u hav any proxy config? try to ping the host from ur machine ?

please refer this [Business Server Page (BSP) error - CX_FQDN|Business Server Page (BSP) error - CX_FQDN]

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

which host should I ping from my machine? Every 4 machines/server can ping each other. There should not be any DNS problems as I confirmed with nslookup that DNS mapping is working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell us the values of SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and icm/host_name_full?

Former Member
0 Kudos

icm/host_name_full = $(SAPLOCALHOSTFULL)

But I can't find the value of SAPLOCALHOSTFULL..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to do NATting between your PC and the solution manager system? And have you added the IP address to your local hosts file? I experience the same problems and use RDP to connect to a server in the same network segment.

EDIT: What is the value of SAPLOCALHOSTFULL and icm/host_name_full?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is NATing needed? My system and solution manager system are in the same IP-Range 16.58.xxx.xxx.

I added IP, hostname and fully qualified hostname to my hosts-file. A DNS mapping should not be a problem but solution manager stills shows this error message.