cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network requires assignment to an activity number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to PS and HR and I am trying to setup a company code that i wish to use for time billing purposes only.

When i am creating a time sheet with network filed in CAT2 i am getting below error.

Any ideas on what i need to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Sudhakar suggested, even i would ask you to go through SAP Help.

However, just to get your thoughts running, all i would say in this particular case is that "Network is not a cost object in itself, whereas an activity is". Create an activity for the said Network and use this activity along with the network in the CAT2 screen. Try posting a timesheet entry and let us know.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul

Forum flooding with your replies and its nice to see you back.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are new to SAP PS, my suggestion would be please go through documentation and understand what it is before posting.

Search the forum you will find lots of threads and also google to get documentation.

Nothing wrong to post your queries, first do your part and then search for information.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Within CATS there are additional data requirements. You will need to put in the network header onto the network column this is your 4000000 number also the activity and if you are using activty elements the sub operation. this can be done by using CAC2 to make the data input fields input fields.

Operation/Activity is CATSD-VORNR

Suboperation/Activity Element is CATSD-UVORN

Hope that helps

Phil